Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to turn off Stacking columns on mobile

Not all content necessarily follows the same format of being presented like a table, and currently the only option for mobile view is for the content to be stacked vertically row-by-row. Sometimes this may be exactly what the campaign builder intended (reading left-to-right in a table of information). However, sometimes contrasting information was designed side-by-side for the web version of the email for readability, but should actually be stacked column-by-column in the mobile version in order to make sense to the mobile reader. It would be incredibly helpful to have a "mobile view option" checkbox just before sending to select if columns should be ordered by rows or columns (same concept as deciding print settings just before sending a doc to a printer).

34 Comments

Yea the lack of focus on mobile is sad, we are now planning a migration to due to lack of any attention to this.

SaddleUp
Brand Influencer

Please, please, please let me choose to disable the automatic mobile column version.  The way I design my campaign for desktop is how I want it read on people's phones, too. I always found it easy to read.  I want it to look the way I create it. I want it to be MY option.  The mobile version changes everything.  TURN IT OFF, PLEASE.

SaddleUp
Brand Influencer

Is the wrapping text option only available if the block fills the whole space, left to right? I can't get it to work for just one column.  My older campaigns had the wrap ability, which I feel I really need.  See below how I want to be able to format/design my campaigns again. Thank you. 

DonnaF05035_0-1643285609932.png

Frankie_P

Hi @SaddleUp

What are the steps you're taking to wrap text around an image in a column block? The good news is users do have this ability when they click and drag an image into the text block.

SaddleUp
Brand Influencer

Hey, I'll try that. Thank you.  

StephenL0
Rookie

I create emails with 2 pics side by side.  When viewed on mobile they show one below the other.  Can't figure out how to have them stay side by side.  As commented above the vast majority read their emails on mobile.  When I get emails from competitors their pics are side by side.  This is such and important feature I will start looking for another email provider that has it if Constant Contact cannot allow us to do this. Thanks.

Frankie_P

Hi @StephenL0

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We have moved your post from its original thread into a thread focused on having the ability to stop columns from stacking on a mobile device. The more requests this thread receives the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team.

LukeW92
Rookie

I'm having this same issue. The mobile version of my email stacks one column on top of the other, instead of leaving them side-by-side even though there's plenty of room. This is detrimental to the information I'm trying to convey in my email. 

SaddleUp
Brand Influencer

Yes, please, Constant Contact, remove this whole automatic mobile layout function! It is NOT good for us as the creators of the newsletter, nor for the readers.  PLEASE allow us to disable it!

It is now 2022 and we are still designing emails desktop-first despite 75% or more of our users viewing on a mobile device.  Constant Contact - please come up with a better solution for laying out mobile emails with more flexibility. Mobile screens are larger and higher res than ever before, we can fit two columns in an email if we want.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More