Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to un-enroll from MFA

I couldn't even reply to this without jumping through your 'hoop'. I don't care your reasoning. I think we should have the option of opting out. I now have to figure out how this will work with our elderly people who don't have cell phones. Ridiculous! Did your insurance company demand you do this?

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

As part of our new and updated feedback statuses, we wanted to update this idea to Acknowledged. There is a lot of feedback within this one thread in particular, some of which was implemented, a few things planned to be improved, and a few that most likely won’t be planned for in the near future.

First, some additional background information and more information as to the “why” of this change. From some of the comments, it feels like that question hasn’t been answered sufficiently. What’s so important and secure about email newsletters anyway? This had to do with a rise in attempted account takeovers the last several years. That is, a bad actor has somehow gained access to some account credentials and attempts to get into your account to send a spam or phishing email to your customers - potentially looking like it is from you. To be clear, this wasn’t due to any sort of Constant Contact breach, but potentially re-using credentials for your account that were no longer secure. Spam is a lucrative industry, and your Constant Contact account can be a valuable target because given our sending reputation, bad actors gaining access to Constant Contact have a better chance of hitting the inbox and getting their malicious messages read. Especially if it comes targeted to your list, looking like it is from your organization. So adding additional security measures protects your business, your subscribers, and it protects our service to ensure only legitimate permission based mail is being sent out. In this sense, the addition of MFA has been a big success to stop these kinds of attempts.

Now to address some of the feedback. Admittedly, this was quite a big change in a small amount of time. Some organizations shared one set of account credentials for all users of the account, so the need to change behavior to add additional individual users was new and taxing. It's worth noting that if you add more users to your account they can have their own MFA device for authentication. The MFA process also needs some time to learn your device and what a “normal” login looks like for your organization. So, when it’s initially turned on you do get prompted more than you would under normal circumstances. If you still find yourself getting prompted for your MFA method on every login and you normally log in on the same device/network every time, that is not working as intended. Make sure you are not using an Incognito window every time, or please contact our support team to work out what the problem may be.

We have made changes to our MFA roll-out plan due in part to the feedback we received. We are working on the ability for self-recovery of MFA tokens, so if you lose your old device or need to update your MFA device you can do so without contacting our support team. All feedback received is actively reviewed and considered. We will continue to assess this feedback and make changes accordingly, which we will communicate to this thread.

176 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @miller_Outdoor_Theatre 

Does having each user set up their own authentication when logged in help fit your needs?

AdamB120
Rookie
I would like to remove the multi-factore authentication from our account but it won't let me.
RichardF992
Rookie

Add me to the list, we should be able to opt out of this. Multiple people use this account for our business and this is causing lots of headache and problems. We're already looking at other options so we don't have to mess with this

EmunaD
Rookie
Can we please opt-out of the texting verification to enter into our account? Multiple people in our organization need to access CC for our mailings, and it slows down progress time each time that folks need to check in with me to get the text message to log on. It's an extreme inconvenience.
CUNY
Rookie

My office is having the same problem. The phone number keeps changing and there seems to be no way to have the codes sent to the right phone for the person who needs access at that time. If there is no forthcoming solution, like others, we will have to find a different service.

DanaT22
Rookie
RIDICULOUS! We are not always at work and the office number is on our account. If we need to log in at home, we cant because it calls the office number. Please STOP this verification code to log in!!!!!!!!!
StefanB1
Rookie
This Sucks, as an owner of a business I don't have time to always relearn your ideas. I have little time I want to get to my newsletter format and add new content and go. Now I'm in some time new wormhole with no way out. your platform is cumbersome and SLOW. you make me have to text to get into my account! my bank does not even have me do that! and now I have to relearn your new whatever! STOP!!! business owners and not computer nerds. If you want to get better then contact me and I'll tell you what you need to do to make your site better and stop making it so hard to publish an email. and you don't even have a submit button on your "so how do you like the new format site!
LSI253
Rookie

I am also irritated that there is no option to bypass MFA. It is even more annoying that I used the Trial version and it was fine until today when I paid for a subscription and SURPRISE! now I need MFA and there is no way around it. Bait and switch.

SalP809
Marketing Legend

Your system is insane.  I did not even want to set up m-f authentication.  I was just examining the option, and your system logged me out and then required that I set up m-f authentication in order to log in.  Your system is unworkable when there are multiple account managers and/or campaign creators.

MelissaM15
Rookie

Chiming in to plead that MFA have an opt-out option or at least an email verification option. We are a small non-profit with multiple users and multiple phone extensions and this process is a major inconvenience that will necessitate switching to another service. Thank you.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More