Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Add Search Option to Campaigns

It would be extremely helpful if I could type a couple words to search for in past campaigns. Then I could easily locate the different emails we have used to market past events we are repeating. Thanks!

873 Comments
JeanneN84354
Rookie

It is phenomenally important to search prior campaigns. I put out a newsletter with bios of guests who will be on my radio show that runs once a week. This is where I used to be able to find people I have previously interviewed who I want to schedule again or from whom I want to seek new information. Without this function, I am unable to capture the value of my history. If other distribution systems offer this feature, I will have to consider moving to one of them. Jeanne

DittoNJ
Rookie

Need a search function badly!  You have to rely on users naming campaigns correctly/uniformly.  Really disappointing after using CC for so many years that they don't see this as a need and in the age of technology, it's a no brainer.  Shame on CC for not responding to this need that is so simple.

PowerRanch
Rookie
Hi CC, I have a few suggestions that I feel would help my team and many others significantly. 1. Can you incorporate a search function that includes dates or even specific words/phrases. We have several hundred emails and event registrations that we are constantly searching for. 2. Can we also sort events by open and closed as a preference? Once an event has been closed, I no longer want it in my top preview. Thanks, Stacey Schulze Power Ranch Communications Coordinator
GinaG2429
Rookie
I often just need to update a previous campaign from months ago or even years but the search process is tedious to scroll through each page. Please add Search bar so we can enter a key word and pull up related emails. Thanks!
MtBakerS
Rookie

It would be great if you could add a search option so you can enter a keyword and search past campaigns.  Mail Chimp has this capability and this is one of the main reasons we are looking at moving to Mail Chimp from Constant Contact...it is such a pain for new staff to scroll through each page of past campaigns trying to find a previous campaign to copy and use for the future.  Would reduce a lot of wasted time.  Thanks!

MarkB8888
Campaign Contributor

ATTENTION ALL “SEARCH FUNCTION” SEEKERS:

THE CHATROOM HAS CLEARLY NOT GIVEN US ANYTHING: NO SEARCH FUNCTION, AND NO REACTION AT ALL, REALLY.

IT’S TIME TO GO TO HIGHER LEVEL:

PLEASE JOIN ME AND SEND EMAIL TO: FEEDBACK@CONSTANTCONTACT.COM  WITH FOLLOWING TEXT (copy and paste below, or add your own words)

“WE ARE APPALLED AT CC’S INABILITY TO PROVIDE ONE OF THE MOST BASIC FUNCTIONS OF ALL: SEARCH FUNCTION WITHIN THE CAMPAIGNS TAB.

WHAT’S WORSE, WE ARE APPALLED AT THE LACK OF RESPONSE AND LACK OF CARING FOR CUSTOMERS BY CC’S LEADERSHIP TEAMS.

WE DEMAND A RESPONSE NOW!

WE DO NOT NEED ANY SCRIPTED RESPONSE.

WE NEED AN ACTUAL RESPONSE FROM CC LEADERSHIP, A RESPONSE THAT WILL GUARANTEE THAT A “SEARCH FUNCTION” WILL BE INSTALLED IN THE CAMPAIGNS TAB NO LATER THAN APRIL 30, 2018.

IF THIS DEADLINE IS NOT MET. I, UNDERSIGNED CURRENT CC MEMBER, WILL TAKE MY HARD EARNED DOLLARS ELSEWHERE!”

Mark J Brandsma

Owner

Six8 Clothing Co, LLC

mark@six8clothingcompany.com

MarkB8888
Campaign Contributor

THIS HAS BEEN A LONGSTANDING ISSUE, WITHOUT RESPONSE OR RESOLUTION FROM CC.

PLEASE REVIEW MY RESPONSE TO COMPANY, AND JOIN IN THIS CAMPAIGN TO FORCE A SOLUTION NOW!

ATTENTION ALL “SEARCH FUNCTION” SEEKERS:

THE CHATROOM HAS CLEARLY NOT GIVEN US ANYTHING: NO SEARCH FUNCTION, AND NO REACTION AT ALL, REALLY.

IT’S TIME TO GO TO HIGHER LEVEL:

PLEASE JOIN ME AND SEND EMAIL TO: FEEDBACK@CONSTANTCONTACT.COM  WITH FOLLOWING TEXT (copy and paste below, or add your own words)

“WE ARE APPALLED AT CC’S INABILITY TO PROVIDE ONE OF THE MOST BASIC FUNCTIONS OF ALL: SEARCH FUNCTION WITHIN THE CAMPAIGNS TAB.

WHAT’S WORSE, WE ARE APPALLED AT THE LACK OF RESPONSE AND LACK OF CARING FOR CUSTOMERS BY CC’S LEADERSHIP TEAMS.

WE DEMAND A RESPONSE NOW!

WE DO NOT NEED ANY SCRIPTED RESPONSE.

WE NEED AN ACTUAL RESPONSE FROM CC LEADERSHIP, A RESPONSE THAT WILL GUARANTEE THAT A “SEARCH FUNCTION” WILL BE INSTALLED IN THE CAMPAIGNS TAB NO LATER THAN APRIL 30, 2018.

IF THIS DEADLINE IS NOT MET. I, UNDERSIGNED CURRENT CC MEMBER, WILL TAKE MY HARD EARNED DOLLARS ELSEWHERE!”

Mark J Brandsma

Owner

Six8 Clothing Co, LLC

mark@six8clothingcompany.com

PunchCard
Marketing Legend

SUBJECT:  Possible short term work around until a better search tool is available!

Given the lack of response by CC to most suggestions - what I have discovered was probably put in without any great intention:

That is:

1. Click on Campaigns on the top menu; then next to the orange "Create" button is an icon that will display your "Marketing Calendar View";

2. Use the navigation next to the displayed month and year to go back to the period of time you wish to search;

3. Clickable links to all your emails are there on the calendar; if you are using Chrome or IE (not sure about Firefox or Safari) Press Ctrl+F to open a find window; enter something that you know is in the title of the email you are looking for and you might get lucky; click the email you want;

4. In the popup window click "More Details";

5. On the email page click more actions;

6. Use whichever one you need.

I like the "Share URL" because now you have a direct pipeline to that email for future use. While this is not exactly the "Search" feature we have all been wishing for, at least this tool make the search a little easier.

Again - I am pretty much cynical about most changes by CC, but this one seems to actually help. Let's see how long it is available.

Happy Hunting.

BTW:  I am with Mark Brandsma.  CC leadership seems to be on "Cruise Control".  I have looked at alternatives to CC, and unfortunately I have found none that accomplishes all the things we need in our business.  I really believe that CC leadership could care less about current customers. They are looking for pie in the sky.

Aelfwynn
Campaign Contributor

I see countless posts about it dating back years and it seems like something that should be relatively easy to fix.

Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @Aelfwynn,

Under the Campaigns tab you are able to sort by Status on the left, or by 'Old to New' or 'New to Old' on the top right.

2018-03-27_0845.png

Were there different sort options you were looking for specifically?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More