Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Location information for events does not contain US territories

0 Votes

Good Afternoon,

It's been more than a year and still the US Virgin Islands are not listed in the state list.  Why?  It's part of the US, so I don't understand why it wasn't included from the beginning.

Thank You,

12 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @Prof1931

Where in your account are you looking for the US Virgin Islands to be listed?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Prof1931
Brand Influencer

Good Afternoon,

The US VI needs added to the state list.

Thank You

Frankie_P

Hi @AnneK126

Where in your account are you looking for this option? For example, are you not seeing it on a survey campaign? An event campaign? Your account settings?

Prof1931
Brand Influencer

I would like it added to the state pull down list.  For example, I don't want Alabama, I want US Virgin Islands.  Currently our VI folks select Virginia.

Frankie_P

Hi @AnneK126

For now, we are going to leave this post in our new Gathering Information status and encourage other users to vote or comment for this idea if this feature would be useful to them as well.

Prof1931
Brand Influencer

Good Morning,

Why is this open to a "vote" when Canadian providences are listed?

Thank You, 

Frankie_P

Hi @Prof1931

At this time the US Virgin Islands is a list country under the user's account settings. You can find this by clicking your name in the right hand corner >  My Account > Organization details > Country. Because were were unable to clarify where exactly you were looking for this option we wanted to leave this idea open so other users can help share further details of what they're looking for as well.

Prof1931
Brand Influencer

I'm confused.  

When I set up an Event registration form and we have people attending from the Virgin islands, why would people in the Virgin Islands look in the Country list when the Virgin Islands are part of the United States?

Thank You,

Frankie_P

Hi @Prof1931

Thanks for clarifying that you're looking for this option through your event campaigns! Some US territories are not listed in the "State" drop down. Instead, they are listed under the "Country" drop-down. We are however working on an updated event experience in a more advanced tool. While we do not have an update or timeline to share or can guarantee any kind of commitment on how we will be handling, we hope this indicates some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration while we are building out this tool.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More