Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Add to Calendar link does not include link to Online Event in Add to Calendar Location

Please give users the ability to customize the content in the "Add to Calendar" .ics file that registrants can download and add to their iCalendars. This functionality is important, especially now that many companies and organizations are hosting webinars/online meetings.

Currently, when registrants download the .ics file, the copy in the auto-generated invite contains the link to register for the event. Why include this link to register when they've already registered for the event? Instead, we should be able to copy and paste the link to the online event (usually a Zoom, Webex or online meeting link) as well as the login information (access codes, meeting numbers, etc.)

52 Comments

Very disappointing - come on Constant Contact!

NIRI
Campaign Contributor

It's obvious they don't care. They won't fix it until people stop using the service. 

AC_Global
Rookie

How is it possible this hasn't been fixed yet? There is no excuse. It's simply bad customer service. 

Please, please have the "Add to Calendar" ics link include the link to the event, not the link to register. It makes no sense to include the link to register to something people are already registered for. 

And while you're at it, please move the "Add to Calendar" link on the registration confirmation to underneath the date and time of the event. It does not make any sense to have it at the bottom of the email. Put it up top where people will see it and be more prone to use it. 

These should be easy fixes. Why has this taken so long? 

SandyB88
Campaign Contributor
I have called twice about this glitch in your system which I never noticed until we went virtual with our programs. PLEASE MAKE THIS A PRIORITY TO FIX! Today we had a program and members had saved it to their calendars through the "Save to calendar Icon" at the landing page. The link in the "Save to Calendar" is the link to the Constant Contact registration form, but they don't know that until they click it thinking they are about to join the Zoom meeting, but it takes them back to the program registration form... several frustrated registrants! I thought I had fixed it by deleting the "Save to Calendar icon" but it still shows up on the next landing page after you click the "Register Now" button. PLEASE! Just remove this "Save to Calendar icon" until you figure it out. See my June 3, 2021 registration form and test this out.

Well it's not encouraging that when looking for the answer to my question on how to edit the calendar invitation I find this thread. Now I have to delete the link and figure out a work around. I can't imagine continuing in the online webinar/hybrid format without this simple feature. 

NIRI
Campaign Contributor

They still haven't fixed the calendar link issue for virtual events AND NOW they want to charge an "Event Platform" fee. Unacceptable. 

MarciL3
Rookie

I found a (sort of) workaround by adding the link in the Description filed on the Event Basics page. That way it is included in the ics file, though the landing page link appears ahead of it. 

michelle.bolingbroke
Campaign Contributor

I will add a to the list of people asking to "please fix this!"  People do not have time to go back and find the details in their email, they want to download the calendar invite with details, this is so important in today's world with so many online events! Is there an ETA on when this update will be considered? 

Frankie_P

Hi @Michelle.bolingbroke

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us it has been tracked in your account and submitted to the appropriate teams. With that said, there are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. We apologize, while we may not have a time estimate for this feature request, the more request a thread like these receive the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team.

SouderMedia
Campaign Contributor

It is 2022 and still no resolution to this issue. Any possibility this request will be taken seriously. Our clients want to add the event information to their calendar, not a redirect back to the registration link or have to do in manually. Thanks in advance!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More