Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Adjustable Padding For Images and Text Blocks

Everything seems to have a different left/right padding to it. I would like the option to remove padding from all items (ideally ability to adjust l,t,r,b padding on all objects). Especially in the new editor this is tedious and an image can span the entire 600px width, but a text box cannot.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi @rcppubs23

While there is more than one request in this thread we'd be happy to share updates for the requests in this thread. The good news is the feature of editing padding around images is available in our cross device editor. As for wanting to control padding between blocks, we’ve compiled and discussed this feedback users have shared internally. There are no immediate developments pertaining to this request, but we are continuing to share the feedback and use cases discussed here. We will mark this as Acknowledged and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

43 Comments
OliverTourism
Rookie

Is it possible to remove the padding from the left and right of a section? I'd like to add an image footer but want to take out the left and right padding so the image is flush to each side of the content area. Thanks!

dmilewski311
Rookie

There should be a button next to the padding to fit/fill the image to the template.

When I resize it to 100% width, there is often a thin white line on either side and I have to save and reload it several times and try to resize it again to get rid of the thin white line.

ShultzieW91
Campaign Expert

Any designer with decent experience will tell you that space is the most important element in any design. Moving to a different email platform will take some considerable energy and time but I cannot deal with not having control of padding for each element. It's an absolute must and I'm confused that you haven't implemented it already.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

@Frankie_P can you give us an update? Your last comment dated 5/13/21 indiates you are "still collecting feedback" on the issue of padding around images and between module blocks. Now we are in yet another version of the editor and as far as I can tell, nothing has been done to address this problem.

If a decision has been made NOT to implement any control over padding, please tell us that. I have been following this thread for around 2 years or more and find it ridiculous that you still can't tell us if it is seriously under consideration.

@ShultzieW91, if you are aware of a platform that allows padding specifications without having to redesign the whole email in html, I'd love to know which one. But don't use its actual name as it will be censored out of your comment.

Frankie_P

Hi @rcppubs23

While there is more than one request in this thread we'd be happy to share updates for the requests in this thread. The good news is the feature of editing padding around images is available in our cross device editor. As for wanting to control padding between blocks, we’ve compiled and discussed this feedback users have shared internally. There are no immediate developments pertaining to this request, but we are continuing to share the feedback and use cases discussed here. We will mark this as Acknowledged and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

ShultzieW91
Campaign Expert

Hey JulieL34, allows for padding on all elements.

BobbyD92
Rookie

Adjustable padding is a basic design tool, and it is SORELY missing here.  Alternatively, an adjustable vertical spacer (just like the horizontal spacer) would work almost as well.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

A vertical spacer would be good, but usually I find that I want less space rather than more so we'd need some way to make it work in reverse, so to speak. Or, they could make the standard padding a lot less and dthen let us ADD padding where we need more.

While we're on the subject of "vertical" I'd also like to see the possibility to drag in a vertical rule. I know one of the blocks has it but that one doesn't usually work for my needs.

dmilewski311
Rookie

The editor creates a gap between the image and the border.

Need an option to fit image 100%. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More