Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Add More Columns To Type Multiple Contacts Flow

0 Votes

Please allow us to add more columns for input

8 Comments
MarvinB98
Rookie

Managing contact attributes is painful with the available options for adding contacts.

When adding contacts using the Multiple Contacts input screen, there is no way to select different tags for different contacts. It only applies tags to all the contacts. An improvement would be the ability to lock/customize the column headings. And, a way to choose which existing tags to add to each contact.

Adding tags as "all or none" also happens when adding contacts by importing from a file. Anything listed in a “Tags” column is ignored. It only allows choosing which tags to apply to all contacts in the import file.

The only way to add different tags to different contacts is to add the contacts individually. This process is terrible though. We need to scroll down past many fields we don’t use to get to the custom fields and tags that we do use. And, once that contact is added, you must close that window and click “add contact” to enter the next. An improvement to this process would be the ability to customize what fields are on the input screen and their order as well as a prompt to save and add another in one click.

Frankie_P

Hi @MarvinB98

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! When uploading your contacts are the tags you're looking to import already created in your account? What are the steps you're taking to include these tags?

As for your headings, what customizations are you looking to include that may not already be an option?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

MarvinB98
Rookie

Yes, the tags are already created in the account before doing the contacts upload. As an example, I export a list to a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will include a column for tags and list any tags on those contacts, separated by a comma. I'll add new contacts to the spreadsheet, including listing tags wanted in the tags column. When I import the spreadsheet, the new contacts are added with no tags.

About the headings, I think you’re asking about the Multiple Contacts input screen. I can scroll way down through the possible column headings and select Custom Field 1 and Custom Field 2 as headings and then enter my new contacts. Later, the next time I go to the Multiple Contacts input screen, I have to again set the columns to be relevant for us. It does not remember what I’d set my column heading to.

NathanielS01
Not applicable
Please allow us to add more columns for input
Frankie_P

Hi @NathanielS01

How are you adding contacts into your account? What columns are you looking to include that may not be available?

Frankie_P

Reply from @NathanielS01 

When using the "Type or Paste Contacts" feature, you can add unlimited
rows, but there's a limit to the number of columns of data that can be
entered. I'd like to be able to add a few more fields of data per contact.

Thanks!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @NathanielS01 

Thanks for following up with these details! Having the ability to add more columns to the type in or paste contacts flow is a feature request we are in the process of tracking. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but should indicate some awareness that we will continue to share any feedback and use cases discussed here. We will mark this as Acknowledged and will post any updates we may hear from our teams. In the meantime, the workaround we suggest it to type all contact information into a spreadsheet first, and then import the file.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More