Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Amend quiet hours for SMS

Please consider amending the quiet hours for the morning to allow for texts to be sent by 8am.

20 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @DanielleY09 

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We have opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well. Our product team is interested in finding out what quiet hours users would like, why the current quiet hours might not work, and any additional information as to why users need this time adjusted.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

BethD469
Campaign Contributor

Our team uses the SMS feature primarily for internal text messages. Our entire office staff starts at 8:00 a.m. Our field staff might start as early as 5:30 a.m. The ability to send texts [well] before 8:00 a.m. would be very beneficial for our team.

MicahR716
Rookie

Jumping in on this thread to share our needs. We don't sell products, we use the service to update users about important info like closures, construction, weather notices, etc. Having the ability to send text by 8 am would be best. 11 am is far too restrictive for our needs and we might need to find a different service. Perhaps levels of communication? 8am-11am for notices (none sales/promotions) with promotions and sales allowed after 11 am?

MarvinS323
Rookie
I'm in the mountain time zone. You will not let me text between 6 pm and 5 am because I am limited to your eastern time zone hours. I've contacted you several times now about this issue and you promised me you were making changes. This is really annoying as I am an adult who can decide for myself if it is too late Ito text message my clients. I love the features of your mail management program but am going to have to make a change if this doesn't get corrected.
PhanS52
Rookie

I'm using it to notify staff of servers that are offline, I need to be able to send texts at any time

We would also like to have quiet hours amended to be able to send text messages at 8am Eastern. We have events, classes, and meetings in the morning that we would remind our members of before they start.

DianneR779
Rookie

Joining the conversation regarding quiet hours. We are a housing authority and update our residents on emergency situations (i.e., lack of heat, broken pipes, etc.). This really limits our communication with our residents. Can this option be revised?

We are a school and want to use SMS to send messages to families prior to school start time at 9AM, especially on days where we have to close due to weather. Please change quiet hours. 

NancyH749
Constant Contact Partner

Please amend Quiet Hours for the west coast. Your current quiet hours are: SMS messages will not be sent from 8:00pm-11:00am ET.

that's 5 p.m in California and if we have an event at 7 p.m. we may need to send parking instructions at 6 pm. PT.  The quiet hours should at least match your time zone.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More