Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Block email domains when sending a campaign

I don't understand how I can block communications to a particular zip code but not to an email domain (i.e. @competitor.com). I've never had any reason block communications to particular zip code.  I have plenty of reasons to block communication to our competitors.

This seems to me to be an easy top of list update. This functionality exists on other platforms. 

12 Comments
ModernShoe
Marketing Legend

We would love this functionality as well.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @IxomWatercare what are the steps you're taking to block contact addresses in your account? How would you expect it to work instead?

IxomWatercare
Campaign Collaborator

Now I have to hunt down individual email addresses and tag them Do Not Send. Very inefficient and cumbersome.

Let assume I have a competitor with the email domain "@competitor.com". All I should need to do is to go to my blocked domains and add in "@competitor.com" and no emails would ever be sent to them. Whether it's jill@competitor.com or jeff@competitor.com, it doesn't matter.

People can lie about almost any of their information and there is no way to tell one way or the other.  The email address is the only nugget of truth. I've even sent campaigns where I purposefully disregard "@gmail.com" addresses (or the like) because that's often a way competitors disguise themselves.

Email domain blocking functionality is a must.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

CHNola
Rookie

I second this suggestion! We would definitely like to be able to block certain domains.

JessieL981
Rookie

Seems like an obvious feature. Upset to find that it's missing.

BrianC603
Rookie

Also want to see this, specifically to combat SEO spammers.  We're constantly deleting subscribers from data-backup-store.com that is obviously trying to elevate their phishing effort game with E-mails that look like us.

IxomWatercare
Campaign Collaborator

No traction on domain blocking in almost two years but we have AI now so that doesn't help. #thumbsdown

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi all. We're looking to find out some more information about what part of the process our system would pick up on blocked domains. Would this be triggered when uploading contacts?

IxomWatercare
Campaign Collaborator

Flagging domains at upload won't really work well in my opinion.

Keeping emails from being sent to "@competitor.com" is most important.  I don't much care if they are in my list if I know they will never get sent to.

Being able to view all contacts included in the blocked domain list would be valuable when cleaning but that would be secondary.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More