Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Cannot crop images with new image editor

When I try to crop images using the new image editor, it crops then it automatically reverts changes as if I never cropped the image. Does anyone else have this problem?

20 Comments
Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @ScottJ110, thank you for sharing this issue with us! We are aware of an issue where upon inserting an edited image, the original image displays without the edits you made. We found that this is typically an issue with the image being cached and if you preview  or send the email out to your contacts, the correct image should display. You'd want to test this by previewing the email and sending yourself a test first. 

This is something we're actively investigating and I've gone ahead and opened this idea for voting so we can get more input from other users that are experiencing this. 

Seminarian
Rookie

I was not able to get it to work at all. Not sure what I am doing incorrectly, but finally resorted to editing in another program and then importing. Was very sad to see changes to the editor that seem to diminish functionality in the service of bells and whistles I won't use. Also am not clear how to revert to the original or last saved image when I make a change that I do not want to keep. This is not intuitive. Janice

MICHAELHADDONH
Brand Visionary

Agree. I absolutely HATE the new photo editor. It's making my job MUCH more difficult. Why does Constant Contact do these things? Justify salary and make changes just for the sake of change? This is much worse...

Chris__D
Employee

Hey @MICHAELHADDONH, thanks for sharing your feedback! We previously used an image editor that Adobe owned called Aviary. Adobe unfortunately discontinued this product and many companies were required to find an alternative photo editor as we weren't the only ones using it. We are trying to get as much feedback from our users as possible on the functionality of this editor and are doing as much as we can to implement these requests. While some features of the new photo editor have become a little more involved to accomplish, it's also added quite a few new features and tools that the previous editor didn't have. We do want to do what we can to improve the experience so If you find specific parts of the editor that are causing issues or features that you'd like to see in that editor, definitely let us know through the feedback buttons at the bottom of every page in your account. 

Chris__D
Employee

Hey @Seminarian, thanks for the additional information! We've been working on adding the ability to save the edits as a copy of the image instead of just overwriting the original file. Once we have that ability implemented, I'll be sure to update you in this thread. 

DavidT352
Rookie

"We are aware of an issue where upon inserting an edited image, the original image displays without the edits you made. We found that this is typically an issue with the image being cached and if you preview  or send the email out to your contacts, the correct image should display. You'd want to test this by previewing the email and sending yourself a test first. "

Actually no. The WYSIWYG editor allows the cropped image to be enlarged. But when you preview or send the email, the image is the original non-enlarged image :frown:

DavidT352
Rookie

When I crop an image in the new photo editor, then enlarge the image in the WYSIWYG email campaign editor, the preview shows the original non-enlarged image and so does the final email. This only started happening with the new editor. It's a bug that needs fixing urgently.

Seminarian
Rookie

Seminarian, here, to be clear, I am not able to crop any image using the photo editor "custom" option or any of the set options. Could it be a browser issue? 

Chris__D
Employee

Hey @Seminarian, what browser are you currently working in? The crop tool can sometimes be difficult to see if you're working with an image that has a light background. When you're in the "Transform" options of the editor, you'd want to click and drag one of the corners in. Are you not getting the option to do so in your browser? If so, could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

RobinL361
Campaign Contributor

I want to pop into this thread to again complain about this new image editor.  I think I started a different thread, but want to reiterate how horrible this new image editor is.  I use a lot of images in my newsletters as I am writing for an arts group.  This does not bode well for me.  PLEASE, CC, fix this!  (Details of my complaint elsewhere.)

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More