Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Cannot crop images with new image editor

When I try to crop images using the new image editor, it crops then it automatically reverts changes as if I never cropped the image. Does anyone else have this problem?

20 Comments
CIDInsurance
Marketing Legend

Hello, I am trying to have an image be the same width as my email, which I've always been able to do. When I drag the image in the email and make it as big wide as the email, it shrinks down when I hit preview or send a test. Again, I have the image as wide as the email - how I want it - but when I preview my email or send a test, it shrinks down a bit and does not fill up the email which looks bad. Is there any fix to this?

Update: I had to crop the image in photoshop to get it to fit how I want it to. Seems like it might have been the new image editor that caused this issue. 

JMorrow19
Rookie

Fix your photo editor! I spend more time trying to figure out how to edit a photo (simple crop or placement) than I do in developing the rest of the piece. It is getting to the point that I am looking for other options.

DonnaM2
Campaign Collaborator

I completely agree.  The new image editor is terrible, making work more complicated and time consuming with no apparent benefit at all.  I tried to give it a little time.  All changes require an adjustment period but using this program is increasingly becoming a waste of time.  Very, very disappointed.

sr.anita
Rookie

New photo editor is terrible.  Someone needs to read the posts in Ask the Community.  Not fair to us who would like to have the old photo editor back or take the bugs out of the new one.

ChirstinaD
Campaign Expert

I had a problem with the editor today as well. I don't use it a lot but I wanted to crop an image just a little bit. No matter what I did, it was cropping too much off the outside edge of the image, cropping off my content. In other words, I could not drag the corners out any further, even if I changed the setting to custom.. or any of the other aspect ratios, lock ratio, etc. Nothing worked. It should start with the corners around the entire original image cropping nothing, letting you drag the corners in where you want them. Not force you to crop X amount by default.

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Thanks for all the comments. We were able to fix the issues causing the initial problems with saving the edits to images.

Claire_MacPherson
Campaign Collaborator

This issue is happening today? How is it fixed?

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @Claire_MacPherson. Are you making sure to select Export after making your changes? Please review our Knowledge Base article for a step by step guide on how to edit your images. If this is still happening, please post on our Get Help board where our support team will assist you.

DonnaB009
Rookie

CANNOT CUSTOMIZE OR CROP IMAGES AS OF 11/1/2020  WHAT IS GOING ON.

Claire_MacPherson
Campaign Collaborator

This continues to be an issue for me. And yes, I am obviously exporting when done. I was told the workaround is to save my work and refresh my browser. Somewhat of a pain, but the workaround works. Something with the cache. It never happened in the previous version.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More