Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Captions for photos

I REALLY need to be able to add a caption under photos in our newsletters. The option of adding text on top of a photo is not a good option at all. The caption should be immediately beneath the photo in a stand alone text box. Also, it would be extremely helpful to be able to position a photo within an article anywhere within the photo -- not at the very top.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

We are updating the status of all ideas to hopefully provide better insight into where the issue is in the product pipeline. The status of this idea is being updated to Under Consideration meaning the request is known and there is a ticket in our product/engineering backlog for this item. Thank you for all the feedback so far.

73 Comments
PamR13
Rookie

Please bring back the ability to create photo captions in the third gen editor. Honestly, I've been waiting to see it come back -- seems like such an elementary thing.

CPTCLE
Rookie

Yes, this is an issue for us as well. Please add the option to add photo captions back!

SueW188
Rookie

What I wouldn't give for the old interface. I begged to keep mine. 

TobiC0
Constant Contact Partner

Have you made any progress on captions? This has been going on for way too long.

PamR13
Rookie

Agree -- and not a bit. This was a huge miss on third gen.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

I found where Constant Contact says it can be done with the multi column blocks, but even there, you want to be able to adjust the size AND the line-height, but that option has also been removed (line height). When you just change the size then you have wide spacing between the lines. Why would you do that???

I was not a fan of the old caption feature either, which didn't allow for punctuation like commas, parentheses, etc. but at least you could adjust the size adequately. If you are not allowing access to the html to set the line height, then the interface should adjust the line-height to go with the change in size.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

Agree with ROM_elizabeth, there is way too much space between photo and caption when you use a text block under the photo. And also if you adjust the type size the line height doesn't adjust accordingly.

Allowing access to the html would at least solve the line height problem. Not sure if it would solve the space between blocks problem but you need to provide a way this can be done by the user when needed.

THanks.

HarvardBioethics
Marketing Expert

If you are really desperate, you could edit the photo itself (in Photoshop or other) and add that as part of the photo. Then upload the photo.

JenBarlow
Campaign Collaborator

Having a caption appear with an image is critical for us. We are an archive, and we must note the details of the image along with the photographer. Having the image in a column looks terrible in our emails as our sections are longer (by design). This is a serious enough issue that we will have to look for another email company that will give us both responsive design and image captions. I'm very disappointed.

KathyG3
Constant Contact Partner

I agree with the above. I miss the ability to add a caption to a photo. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More