Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Changing an email address once registered for an event

0 Votes

I have a registrant that I need to change their email in their event registration. But when I try to do so, it tells me that they are already a contact.  I know she's already a contact, but I need that email address in her registration too. There needs to be a way to merge the two - the contact and the registrant.

3 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @Amanda10997

If you are trying to change a registrant's email address to an address that matches a contact record we recommend to cancel the registrant with the old address and process the registration with the new address. The good news is you can use the Register Someone link to re-register this person with the right address. If there is payment tied to the old registration and you do not want the registrant to pay again, skip the payment process so that the registrant is abandoned, then mark the registrant as registered and paid.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused from not being able to update a registrant's email address to an email address that's already in use. It is however at this time, we do not have plans to include this type of functionality due to the low number of tracks from other customers and the prioritization of other ideas. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

Amanda10997
Rookie

Even though this is disappointing, I appreciate the response! Thank you!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More