Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Collect personal information through survey page

We will need to find another platform since you changed the survey tool. Missing:

Rate items on a scale
Skip question logic
Allow users to enter a comment
Contact block questions (collecting respondent information) w/ options to add to contact list or not)
Long text answers (500 limit current, compared to old 1000 character limit)
Landing / Closing pages

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

This thread is only for feedback related to the collection of personal information through a survey page. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release. We've started to look into some options on our end to include a type of form that would collect personal information but there aren't any immediate plans to implement this in the product.

Since the original post, the option to rank answers either in order or on a scale is now available. We have active feature request threads for having the ability to include skip logicallow users to enter a comment, and edit the closing Thank You page. We ask those who come across this page to either comment or vote on these threads directly so your feedback is stored in the proper place. 

50 Comments
Menard
Rookie
Please list the company name and institution on survey feedback. It saves a great deal of time in analyzing data.
AmericanPiezo
Rookie

Any progress on these topics?  Every time CC "improves" their experience, it totally screws up our business.  I need the ability to request customer information like name, email address, and order number in my survey.  Also, our survey is a customer satisfaction survey with the same questions all the time so we can accurately gage our performance.  You now LIMIT the period of time the survey is active to 12 months!!!  I want to make the survey, set links to it on our website etc, and then forget about.  I don't want to have to deal with it every 12 months constantly having our website group update the link when it's re-published.  I may have to ditch CC on this one.  Please FIX THESE THINGS

Frankie_P

Hi @AmericanPiezo

We apologize at this time we do not have an current updates we can share on this feature request. We will however reach out to this thread directly with any further updates as we receive them. In the meantime, we suggest sharing your need for an extended expiration date on survey campaigns directly on its idea thread/

ISBT2023
Constant Contact Partner

Frankie_P and anyone else from CC who is listening - this topic has been around for a year.  Is CC going to fix the survey product and give us back critical functionality that was taken away with the new product or not?  I have over a dozen clients who have said that they're about to jump ship on CC if things aren't going to get updated.  (Thanks for working a little bit on the reporting, but that was some time ago.  What about skip logic, limiting responses to one per computer, contact block questions, etc.?)

LindseyH0294
Rookie
Would love an additional option for a sign-up page using the same templates as a survey with more distinct "question" options like name, email address, phone number, etc...
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

This thread is only for feedback related to the collection of personal information through a survey page. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release. We've started to look into some options on our end to include a type of form that would collect personal information but there aren't any immediate plans to implement this in the product.

Since the original post, the option to rank answers either in order or on a scale is now available. We have active feature request threads for having the ability to include skip logicallow users to enter a comment, and edit the closing Thank You page. We ask those who come across this page to either comment or vote on these threads directly so your feedback is stored in the proper place. 

LucieR
Rookie

I see customer requests dating back to at least 2021 to add / collect contact information from survey respondents. It is June 2023 and still no action from Constant Contact? What is the status of this long-standing and reasonable request (especially since it was already part of the old survey forms)?

Lucie Raposo

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @LucieR. We do not have an update to share at this time. If we receive word of any movement with this feature request, we'll post it here. 

Comms
Campaign Expert

Not really the level of response I would expect tbh

LucieR
Rookie

I figured out a work around that is perfect. I am disappointed ConCon didn't offer this idea themselves after all these years of customers complaining. SMH.

I needed a sign up form for our organization's volunteers - not just sign-up or a survey, but the dual ability to let them choose tasks they want to do and collect their contact info. Survey tool was the closest thing ConCon offers.

The solution: To collect the contact information, add text questions under your survey questions. I used the text "questions" as labels for name, email, and phone, which should all fit within the text field of up to 50 characters; the larger answer box of 250 characters works for address. I made these questions mandatory and solved my own problem. Here is a screenshot of that lower section of my survey.

Hope this helps the thousands of ConCon customers waiting for a solution from the company we pay to solve these problems.

Lucie

Screenshot - 6_30_2023 , 3_19_33 AM.png

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More