Using Canva to improve your conversion rates

Create additional user role types and permissions

I was very disappointed in the lack of robustness related to setting up Users. Only three types are available, and provide no granular selection of capability. For example, I would have loved being able to define different Account Managers having a variety of allowances - one can create and publish, while another can create, delete, and publish. Given the new world realities, we are hiring third-parties to maintain our programs, and they do not need to be able to delete our contact or our mailing lists. Nor do they need to be able to see our billing details. This is TMI for outsourced companies. I hope this makes sense, and is considered a reasonable expectation in 2021.

29 Comments
toyaburris
Campaign Contributor

Hi @Frankie_P thanks and I hope this is voted up or considered. 

ibcstuttgart
Campaign Collaborator

Hi, I'd like to request the addition of a third user role.

Currently you have two user roles: "Account Manager" and "Campaign Creator".

I need to create user accounts for some of the employees of my organisation, who need the ability to add/edit/delete contacts, manage lists, and send emails/campaigns.

That means they can't use the Campaign Creator role, which doesn't permit the above features. So they have to use the Account Manager role instead.

However, the Account Manager role is actually too powerful for our needs, because it allows the user to edit nearly everything within the "My Account" section - such as the logo, organisation details, footer settings, signature info, advanced settings, and so on. And I don't want my users to be able to edit those things. Only I, as the account owner, should be able to change those organisational settings.

Furthermore, when the Account Manager user goes to the "My Account" page under their own user account, the organisational settings are mixed together on the same page with their own personal settings (eg. the settings for changing their username/password/MFA). Therefore they assume that all of the settings on that page are their own personal settings just for their account. It's not clear to them, from the layout of the Account Details page, that many of those settings are actually organisation-wide settings, and if they change those settings, they are changing them for all of the user accounts and not just their own.

I would therefore like to request this as a solution: can you please create a third user role, that sits somewhere between Account Manager and Campaign Creator. This role should have nearly the same rights as Account Manager - but it should NOT be able to do any of these things:

• Manage account settings
  • Change billing information

So when the user goes to My Account, they are only able to change their own username/password/MFA, but nothing else.

Is this possible?

ibcstuttgart
Campaign Collaborator

Hi, I'd like to request the ability to have more than one user with the Account Owner role. Currently it's not possible to create a new user with this role.

I think it's important to be able to have more than one Account Owner for security and redundancy, especially because all of the accounts must use MFA now (and therefore can't be shared by more than one person). This is especially important where Constant Contact is being used by an organisation or company.

I can think of two key reasons why it's essential to have more than one Account Owner:

1) If something happens to the current Account Owner - eg. he dies - then the organisation has another Account Owner who can still control everything in the account. Without this, they are locked out of the account because they can't gain access to the deceased Account Owner's account due to MFA.

2) To protect against a rogue or disgruntled employee. Let's say the current Account Owner has a dispute with the organisation - maybe they get fired - and as a consequence, they refuse to hand over their Account Owner credentials to another employee. Now the organisation has lost control of their account and they can't stop the disgruntled employee from using the account to cause damage.

It makes good sense, then, to allow for multiple Account Owner accounts to protect against these scenarios. It's worth noting that other platforms, such as Facebook Pages, allow for more than one Account Owner role to exist for this reason.

ibcstuttgart
Campaign Collaborator

Hi @Caitlin_M and @Frankie_P - just wondering if/when you plan to implement this? You've got a couple dozen customers who have been requesting the ability to have more fine-grained control over their users since 2020, and so far it looks like nothing is changing. What's stopping Constant Contact from adding 1-2 extra user roles, or allowing the user roles to be customised? Is this likely to ever happen?

HeatherD74
Rookie

I agree, i'd love to see a few extra user roles or definitely the ability to customize the user as a need bases.This would make my users happy and me as well. Do we know if anything is in the works?

ChristaL14
Rookie

We have many users and would benefit from more roles such as:

1. Multiple users being able to manage billing (and send emails)
  2. General managed users:
    1. Can draft and send emails but cannot manage contacts
    2. Can only create emails from our custom templates (not CC-made templates)
    3. Cannot add/manage users
SeanD930
Campaign Contributor

Please create a way for me to email or share a campaign report with people who don't have a login. And hopefully it will be a live report that they can come back to as time passes.

Thanks,

Sean @WSSDA

TamalaM8
Rookie

I would like to suggest the ability to assign specific templates to specific users.  Also, assigning users to groups would be helpful.  That way, users only have access to the templates that are assigned to them\their department.

MichaelM939
Rookie

The ability as an account owner, to provide a checklist of what I want my account managers to have access to. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More