Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Create mobile responsive landing pages and invitation emails for events

0 Votes

It would be nice if emails composed within events were more flexible and used the same email creation program as we use in regular email campaigns. Because I have been creating Constant Contact emails for several years, I was familiar with the old email creation program, but I have to think it is challenging to newer users.  

Also, there needs to be a way to easily send event-related emails to a select group of registrants rather than all of them (eg. late registrants who sign up after an email was sent to all who registered on time).  I figured out a work-around, but it took hours! 

Thanks!

Mary 

7 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @MaryW011 what features are from our Third Generation Editor are you looking for in an event email? How would you expect to send an event related email to a select group of registrants?

MaryW011
Rookie

Thanks for asking!

When I attempt to send an email to registrants through the email section of the event dashboard, it appears that the only option is to send an email to all registrants at once. For our event, we sent out a "last-minute details" email on the day registration officially closed, but then we allowed people to register late.  I wanted to be able to send that email again to just those who registered late, or better still, one by one, to the late registrants, as we have been able to do with the "Quick Send" feature that has made it possible to send emails to individuals from the Contacts section of the site.  (We ended up enabling permissions for those individuals who registered late and sending an email created in the Third Generation Editor, but it was a very cumbersome workaround.  Don't worry, we don't plan to add these folks to our general email list without further permission!) 

Furthermore, the emails that you can create in the Events section of the site are of the earlier version (2nd Generation?) and thus are cumbersome to edit relative to the Third Generation Editor.  It took me a long time, but I was finally able to create the kind of email I wanted because I had a lot of experience with that earlier version, but new CC users are probably lost, with no familiarity with that version.  I would like all the features of the Third Generation Editor there so that the email creation experience is identical. 

Just one example is that I'd like to have the Button block there.  Yes, there is the option to have the "Sign up Block" there, but all that is available is an unattractive, outdated white button.  I ended up adding an image of a button and linking it to our sign-up page. 

I would also like to be able to choose my own wording for the headlines and subheadlines.  CC gives us no choice but the "Event Title Block"  for headlines, and the wording can only be the precise name of the event.  I had some subheadlines that I wanted to add to other parts of the email and was frustrated to find that every headline took on the name of the event.  I finally added some additional  "Event Information Blocks" and colored the background and increased the font size so I could have the subheadlines I wanted. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thank you for following up with these details @MaryW011 we will be opening up this idea for other users to weigh in as well.

BeckyF36678
Rookie

I am really amazed since this is you expertise that your registration form for events is NOT mobile friendly. You have the stuff on the side of when where, time etc, and it completely messes up the actual registration form on the phone. Surely you can figure this out.

Frankie_P

Hi @BeckyF36678

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! You are correct, there are ways to access the event landing pages (homepage, registration form) that can cause them to not be mobile responsive. This is not an experience all users have, it is however an experience we are continuing to collect feedback on and troubleshoot. Because of this we have tracked your feedback directly with our Product Team. The workaround we suggest is to only use the link in the Event Dashboard or the Permalink in an email invitation, as it will automatically redirect to the mobile version.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Under Consideration

We are working on an updated event experience in a more advanced tool that should be coming out next year. While we do not have an update or timeline to share at this time, we hope this indicates some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration while we are building out this tool.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More