Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Customize border in template

I wish there was an option to put a border around an entire email to frame it. I want the inner background and outer background colors to be the same (in this case both white) but would like some separation between the two and being able to add a frame or border around the entire email would help break it up. I do not want to use a background pattern or background color other than white. This seems like a very basic design element to provide.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

I saw this thread was recently pretty active and agree we're overdue for an update. We can assure you work is being done on this. For those asking for the ability to add a border around the outside of an email - that is planned to be added. 

With the addition of that feature, for those of you asking to remove or modify an existing border in a campaign, we just updated this thread requesting that. This new feature will allow for that as well, but we just need to do more work before it's ready to be release. In case it hasn't been relayed yet, there are only certain templates that have the outer border currently that is unable to be changed. If your goal is to remove it, you can select a different template in the meantime.

No firm time frame yet, but we'll keep this thread updated.

30 Comments
LindaP9001
Campaign Contributor

Seriously, CC, why hasn't this been fixed yet? It is utterly ridiculous to be stuck with a blue border around everything just because we didn't happen to know about it when we picked the template. Why is your service getting less and less customer-friendly over time?

LindaP9001
Campaign Contributor

This is INSANE. It is completely ridiculous that you haven't addressed this yet. I've been googling this problem for ten minutes, and the oldest threads complaining about it are almost five YEARS old. Please pass on to your upper management how ridiculously infuriating it is to deal with simple baseline issues like this CONSTANTLY on your platform.

JoshuaM097
Marketing Legend

Unfortunately, they don't care about the problem. So unless we publicly shame / embarrass them, they probably won't do anything. I think the moderators of this board better escalate this matter.

JoshuaM097
Marketing Legend

You can try contacting the CEO – I think that's his email. I emailed but got no response. Maybe if more people email him he'll actually do something about it. 

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Planned

Hello,

I saw this thread was recently pretty active and agree we're overdue for an update. We can assure you work is being done on this. For those asking for the ability to add a border around the outside of an email - that is planned to be added. 

With the addition of that feature, for those of you asking to remove or modify an existing border in a campaign, we just updated this thread requesting that. This new feature will allow for that as well, but we just need to do more work before it's ready to be release. In case it hasn't been relayed yet, there are only certain templates that have the outer border currently that is unable to be changed. If your goal is to remove it, you can select a different template in the meantime.

No firm time frame yet, but we'll keep this thread updated.

Hello,

I'm glad this is finally going to be addressed. I don't understand 'upgrades' that make things worse & more complicated to use. We've been using CC for a few years now. Are you we STUCK with this pink/purple border because it was added before the option was removed? I have tried in vane to find a way to change the color, but I haven't found a way. For our Fall e-blast, it looks pretty stupid. Capture.PNG

CraigW7
Rookie

All, I have an email template that has a border around the complete email. The color can be changed. I don't know how I achieved it a couple of years ago, however, I simply reuse it for all of my various email.   I'm using the current 3rd generation editor.

Email I recently sent: https://conta.cc/3U4uFfB here I changed the black border to red: https://conta.cc/3WtMCpg (btw, my inner and outer backgrounds are the same blue)

JoshuaM097
Marketing Legend

I am sick of this STILL being an issue. This is ridiculous. It shows a blatant disregard for your customer's needs. I do two newsletters every month, and every month I come back expecting it to be fixed as promise, and Constant Contact fails every single time. 

I would like to change the border colour around the email, not the background, but the piece that frames the information.  I cannot find where that is.  If you could email me with the information would be great!
Thank you, 

Jennifer

Assist-Deb
Marketing Legend

I just spent a half hour of my life with Chat because I can no longer add / change a border color to an email. I used to be able to but not now. Someone broke it. The developers continue to twiddle with unimportant titivations that most of us don't care about but don't change the features we request over and over again. I am so tired of getting onto CC only to find yet another unwanted change has occurred. 

I learned early in my years that "Deeds Not Words" is a powerful thing to remember. I am so tired of empty apologies from CC and other companies who tell us "you are very important to us" and "is there anything else I can help you with" and "we apologise for the experience you had with creating emails in your account". What rubbish. It's supposed to mollify us but instead we leave and do our best to find another option. So tired of expensive, ineffective and unfriendly CC.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More