Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Easier way to delete large number of images in Library

When I have 400 files and I want to delete some of these, I appear to need to click through many many screens to get anywhere. This is just one problem in the user experience that desperately needs changing. A list of 100 would be more acceptable.

90 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @KLNB

The sorting options available in the Library at this time are not available in accounts with more than 1,000 files in it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! And recommend sharing this need directly on its feature request thread.

WoodstockJLSRE
Campaign Expert

In other words "The sorting option is not available to those who need it most. If you are a power user, we suggest you find a different vendor!"

TDulka
Campaign Contributor
I am trying to clear out old images to make more room in our library. It would be great if there were sort options on the library page (newest to oldest and vice versa at a minimum). Also, after scrolling for ten minutes to find old images to delete, I was bummed that after deleting one, it took me back to the top of the list where I had to scroll down ten minutes to get back to the old ones... Argh!

So call me stupid... but I don't see ANY WAY to remove images you no longer want from the Constant Contact Library.  If you can advise... PLEASE HELP!!  Thanks

CSLT
Campaign Contributor

Hi HospiceMuskoka,

there IS a way to delete images from the library. it's in-elegant, slow and awkward, but it does work.  if you call the constant contact helpdesk and ask for help with that, they should be able to show you.

if you get someone who doesn't know how, you can reply to me here and we can do a zoom session with share screens and i'll show you. i've been wrestling with this program for a while.

KevinAJ
Rookie
Why do you make it so difficult to delete OLD photos and documents. It is impossible as far as I have been able to figure out to go back more than a few months and I want to delete photos from at least 10 years ago. Your custom search does not allow for say photos from 2007 to 2010. I'd be happy to delete photos but not current ones, if you know what I mean. Now I'm at capacity for my plan and rather not pay more if at all possible.
Touro4238
Campaign Contributor

List view only shows 10 items at time and doesn't allow a "Shift+click" to chunks at a time. Gallery view is glitchy and doesn't select images properly when moused over.

PLEASE make it easier to bulk delete items in the library! We are always teetering at 98% full and there are so many images I wish I could purge in a less time consuming way.

SHPENational
Campaign Contributor

Yikes. Reading through these comments, it looks like there's no good answer to my question of how to bulk delete 1000s of old images. You can't even sort old to new, right? CC is sooooo slow for us when trying to work with the image library, so I assume it's because we have so many. Has anyone found a clever solution?

Frankie_P

Hi everyone,

We are updating the status of this request to support our new community idea statuses and add better insight into your feedback. At this time we do not have a time estimate of when this process will be updated. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We do however want to indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More