Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Easier way to delete large number of images in Library

When I have 400 files and I want to delete some of these, I appear to need to click through many many screens to get anywhere. This is just one problem in the user experience that desperately needs changing. A list of 100 would be more acceptable.

90 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @GinaB72 

What error message are you seeing when clicking on Show More? Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing? Is this happening in more than one browser or even a private/incognito window?

SarahD1986
Rookie

I can't believe this same issue has been commented on since 2016!  7 years!  COME ON CONSTANT CONTACT!  You have heard from hundreds of subscribers asking for the same thing and it's not a big "fix"!!!!  Seriously doubting the user-friendliness of this program. We are waiting upwards of 1-2 minutes every time we search for an image in our library. It's unacceptable!

PrinceofPeace
Rookie

I am wondering if there is an easier way to manage photos and files. Right now you have to tick each one and scroll way up to delete. If you are looking at them in the tile view you can't even tick them. Thank you for considering!

JanetH046
Constant Contact Partner

Following moderator @Frankie_p's instructions to my previous post, I found that the sort by date feature is not working.  There is no up or down error on the date uploaded, so we are back to square 1. Is Constant Contact ever going us a solution on this situation? Or is this merely a tactic to get us to pay more for a larger library which most of us don't need? As a partner, I am dissatisfied with this situation. 

AnneH171
Rookie

PLEASE CC -- ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!
I have literally 15,000 photos, going back for years.  In a perfect world, I would like to mass delete items that are more than 2 years old. 

A large photo library makes your "share on social" function extremelow slow and cumbersome because your software thinks it needs to pull all those photos up for me to choose a new thumbnail for social. And I don't need to pay for a larger library. 

When I go to the photos, and look for the column that says "Date Added" that's lovely -- but there is no drop down to reverse the order.  No up or down arrow.  You cannot sort them and there is no way to delete them in bulk, other than 10 at a time, with the order of most recent first.  This is the case whether I use the list or the thumbnail view.  

This has been discussed for 8 YEARS. HELP!!! 

PhilipH872
Marketing Legend

Totally agree that this deserves fixing. The most obvious item on the page is to sign up for more space!!!

If you select a date range that's old enough to cover the items that you want to delete and keep clicking "show more," it's somewhat useful if not ideal.....

BelfastAreaChamber
Constant Contact Partner

We do not have the option of a drop down menu to flip the 'Date Added' so I can easily delete the oldest files. Seems like this has been a years long conversation so I won't go into details about how difficult it is for me too. Constant Contact ---- please just make it easy to delete lots of files at once or make it easy to delete more. Anything. Please.

I see nothing has changed...I have eight thousand images...I thought I had deleted 18 hundred of them...but nothing happened...and they're still there...total waste of time...someone needs to fix this...

PureWest
Rookie

It would be great to sort images by date uploaded and delete them in bulk to make room for new. I've been using this account for many years and would love to clear out photos from year's past without having to do it 10 at a time. 

CRCL21
Rookie

Hello,

We have so many image and pdf files in our limited Canva library. I want to save space and delete unneeded items. We have 43% space used and I am dreading getting to the point of running out of space and having to manually delete these items. Other departments use this so it is not just a matter of deleting things right after we send. I went into our library to delete some items and it does not let me mass-select the files with a check mark. I am also imaging something similar to how the UX works on Windows or Mac when you drag your mouse to select any file that get captured by the rectangle the click-and-hold function creates.

Now, If Canva is supposed to do this, it was definitely buggy and just didn't work for me. Please ask your developers to fix this or add this feature. It would help me delete things so much faster and save space for future communications.

Thank you!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More