Edit email campaigns on mobile or desktop

It would help a great deal if campaigns could be edited and created via the mobile app. It seems as though the app is completely pointless with how limited its functions are.

38 Comments
KarrieJ1
Rookie
Hello, you suggested I download the app so I could more easily edit an email. This is a draft that my client created on your website, and I am trying to edit it on my iPad. I am not able to edit it on your website—it is grayed out. I am not able to edit it on the iPad because it was originally created on the website. This is unacceptable. You need to fix this in your next update.
RuthS948
Campaign Contributor

I tried to copy and edit an email campaign that I had created online and then needed to update via the mobile app.  After contacting customer support, I learned that campaigns created online are not accessible for edit and copy via the mobile app.  This makes no sense.  Often times I will start a campaign in my office but then need to finish up away from my office.  Or if I have to send something out quickly while on the go, I can't copy and edit a prior campaign (I have campaigns that I just need to change the date and time on) via the mobile app.  The two platforms should work seamlessly.

NicoleF009
Rookie
I should be able to edit a campaign that I started on the website on the mobile app. As of now, i'm unable to do this. Secondly, I would like to be able to choose from all of the email template options that the web has to offer on the mobile app. I only have 3 options on the mobile app which doesn't work well for my business. Please update the mobile app to have the same functions as the website. Thanks!
kurts06
Rookie
Cannot utilize existing campaigns on the mobile app - therefore it is useless to me. i.e. the mobile app will not let me copy/edit an email created on a desktop via the regular website. I need the mobile app to allow me to edit/copy campaigns to get them out on the fly. Do not have time when on mobile to rebuild an entire campaign, look up fonts and color PMS numbers, etc. etc. But your regular website does not seem to be mobile enabled, so I am not able to edit there either. Ow I’m stuck until I can get to a desktop. Very frustrating and really leaves you lagging your competition.
7StarsMA
Brand Visionary
There is no consistency between the app and on a pc. Transferring an email from the app to the pc is awful, difficult to understand, you don;t see where to type anything, headers don't show. Just awful. You can't traansfer an email from the web to the app.
TheStudioCV
Rookie

Constant Contact is now bordering on the unusable!! What happened? Trying to do anything on a mobile device is mostly impossible. Using a desktop computer is doable but still not great. The image editor is rubbish compared to the previous one. Not happy!

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @TheStudioCV,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback! We always want to work on improving the product for our customers and I want to hear more about your experience. What types of edits are you doing on a mobile device? Are you using the Constant Contact app? What is it about the image editor are you not happy with? 

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: New

Response from @TheStudioCV

Hi Candace,

We do the majority of our business management, including our Constant Contact emails, using mobile devices

Although not perfect, we were able to work around some of Constant Contact’s shortcomings when it comes to using Apple iOS devices.

The latest iteration of Constant Contact however is almost impossible to work with on iOS, resulting in us having to use a computer. The UI is not designed for mobile computing.

The Constant Contact app is of limited use as it will not allow edits of emails created on the Constant Contact website. The emails that it allows us to create are too simple and don’t allow us to use custom templates.

We use frames around a lot of our photos and were spoiled for choice with the previous image editor. The new editor is the opposite with limited choice. Combine this with a UI not compatible with iOS and makes for a very frustrating experience!

Candace_M
Employee

Thank you for answering my questions as this information is very helpful to us! I think you make some really great points here and I will be opening this up to our voting section where users can vote and comment on this idea.

TheStudioCV
Rookie

Many thanks Candace!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More