Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Editing Automated Emails

Had an extremely frustrating experience trying to work with an automated series. Our shopify store integrates with an app called Privy which captures emails and serves Abandon Cart emails. When someone signs up to get access to our VIP section they sign up, their email goes through Privy then is added to a list in Constant Contact. When a person is added to the list it sends then a Welcome email 1) The problem is once you set up an automated campaign if you find out a link isn't working, you don't have the option to pause the campaign and go in and edit the email and then reactivate. You have to close the campaign and start all over. This is a real hassle and causes confusion in the dashboard. We have 6 or 7 emails now that had been either deleted or cancelled just for us to get 1 campaign to work. Additionally once you cancel a campaign and start over from scratch you have disrupted all of the links you have already established. In our case we have emails being captured by an app called Privy. It only allows people to sign up 1 time to receive the 10% discount. Each time we needed to retest the automated emails we had to go in and delete the testing email addresses. In the end the automation stopped working and we couldn't figure out if it was a problem in CC or Privy, because CC's automated campaign could not be edited and each time we found a link not working or needed to edit the email we had to start over from scratch. I recommend you either create the option to pause a campaign so you can edit it or create a test mode.
Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Thanks for all the feedback on this. As Candace mentioned above, we've made improvements that will allow for the editing of an active step to allow you to make changes on the fly. This article goes over the steps if you'd like to see how it works.

19 Comments
MaryAnnH72
Rookie

It sounds like I can't edit a link in my automated series.  Super frustrating.  Please let me know if that changes.  - Mary 

KristalF3
Rookie

I see status has changed to Coming soon on this thread.  How Soon?  Need to know if its worth the hassle of changing providers.  Please give an estimated time frame.

KeeleyT
Rookie

I am incredibly frustrated that having spotted a typo in a series I have to do the whole series again!!! Absolute joke. When will this be fixed? I see it's 'coming soon' - how soon? Like others, I may need to change providers because this is such basic functionality!

Candace_M
Employee

Thanks to customer feedback we were able to start working on this feature! At this time this feature is expected to be released in the next few weeks. 

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Thanks for all the feedback on this. As Candace mentioned above, we've made improvements that will allow for the editing of an active step to allow you to make changes on the fly. This article goes over the steps if you'd like to see how it works.

JoleeM6
Rookie

Has this been fixed? I can't seem to add emails and steps to an active automated series? HELP!

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello @JoleeM6. Active series cannot have additional emails or steps added to it. This idea referred to editing an email in a series. We have an open idea with adding emails to an active series and encourage you to comment or vote on the idea so you will be notified if we have any updates to share.  

BricoleR9
Rookie

I have to make an edit to a link in an Active, Automated Series but am unable to. 

The only option I have available is to COPY EMAIL?!!

What am I missing here? Can someone please help?

BricoleR9_0-1639695386992.png

DatChat
Brand Strategist

Hello CC Team,

Although it may seem more advanced than the legacy automation, we think it would be wise to allow a customer to pause and edit an automated campaign as we could before in Legacy!  Nothing started will remain in stone, and this flexibility is really important to change an automated campaign for the better.  I would prefer to have access back to the legacy platform as it was much more flexible to us customers.. 

Thanks for your ear!

Bruce Van Heel

DatChat, Inc.

bruce@datchat.com

(732) 374-3529 Office

(754) 366-2839 Direct

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More