Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Editing from address for deliverability

0 Votes

Dear Constant Contact:

I have an idea that is greatly needed by anyone that uses CC to send out mailings on a regular basis.

I have noticed that many times when I ask someone if they would like to be signed up for our weekly email, their response is “I used to get it but don’t now”. That’s simply because Gmail and others send emails to the “Junk file” if not opened on a regular basis.

Many times people will be busy or away and just can’t take time to look at our email so it goes away to that place it never comes back and because they are already signed up, we can sign them up again but if we do it will still go to that same file.

Our email address is  and my idea is if we could take all the “unopened email” from 6 months on back to years, we would need a way to slightly change our email address to  (adding the s to antiques) so it 1) wouldn’t be recognized by our customer 2) it would go to their normal in box 3) we would have a ton more opens. I know you have the ability to see how long someone has been not opening their email as I have had someone from CC do that for me.

Right now our open rate is at about 26% but the ¾’s of the ‘non openers’ is pulling that way down and if not it would be around 80% or higher.

How can you create something within the program that would allow us to have that backup email for just the ones that have not opened their email for 6 months to 2 years? We don’t want to do two email blasts per week, we simply need a way to put those un openers as a special email address that would pick up the new email for just them.

What do you think and you are welcomed to experiment with us and then you have one other thing people/customers will love!

Down the road if we are back in the same situation we can again, slightly change our email to (example) but in the future we can add a note on our email “Be sure to open our emails at least 2 times a month or they will start going to your junk file”.

Thank you,

Steve Bonner

Kilmarnock Antique Gallery

4 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @SteveB3 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! List of contacts that did not open your email within the past 6 months to 2 years can be pulled through our segmentation feature. This is also not currently a way to create a special address other than manually adding this updated email from address to your verified list and selecting it when creating an email. Do either of these workarounds fit your needs? It's also important to point out having your contacts whitelist Constant Contact in their settings can help with your email's deliverability.

Frankie_P

Reply from @SteveB3:

Hi Frankie,

Let me ask you this... Suppose I created a new, separate CC account just for the ones that have unopened emails for months, years etc.

How hard would it be to put the same CC email on two accounts without our person having to do two blasts?

Can the blast be sent as a “test” to the new email then the link copied etc?

Thank you and I can assure you this is an issue for many of your clientele.

3/4s of my customer base doesn’t even open out blast and many say “I used to get the blast but don’t now”.

What I am taking about is to get them back and also educate them on opening it up or tagging it as important.

Frankie_P

Hi @SteveB3  these are great questions! At this time an email campaign can only be shared between two accounts through two ways - manually recreating your email or having our support team recreate it for you at a one time fee. As for sharing your email as a test, are you looking to access a shareable permanent URL to a test email?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More