Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Email Event Attendees Only

It would be great following an event to be able to use the event functionality to send an email to attendees only. Currently, I can send to registrants, but if I want to send a thank you for attending, I may not want to send to all registrants as there is rarely full attendance. I know the work around is to download a list of attendees and create an email using a standard email campaign (not "events"), but that is not as convenient and does not keep metrics inside the event reporting. Thank you!

12 Comments
Patrick_W
Status changed to: Voting Open

Great feedback.  Thank you @NexInfoE!

ClaudiaW92
Campaign Contributor

Yes, a really good feature to have within the event system. It's a huge pain to go to each individual to add them to a new list. Has this not been added yet? 

PMIW_President
Brand Visionary

When will this be available? 

CoriD4
Rookie

Our hospital would find this useful as well. We want to email a formal evaluation to attendees. Our evaluations can not use the embedded survey tools for internal-review reasons. 

RitaW19
Brand Visionary

I agree that this is a necessary feature.  There needs to be COMPLETE FLEXIBILITY to email after an event is closed to ALL invitees, just attendees or any other combination.  I recently needed to send event follow-up to everyone who was invited, whether or not they attended.  I first created an email to Non-Respondents, then one to Registrants.  Then, I downloaded the list of recipients of those 2 emails and compared it to the full list of invitees.  There were still about 4 people that weren't on either the Registrant or Non-Respondent lists, so I used the Forward Email feature and wrote in each of their email addresses.  Hopefully we got them all.

WellPower
Campaign Collaborator

I agree there needs to be a lot more flexibility around event emails. 

I would love to set up the following automatic series for my events and be able to do any of the steps easily on their own if I want to. 
1. Send email with embedded registration link to my lists.

2. Send email to my contacts that register with a confirmation. 

3. Send email to my contacts that registered a few days before the event with reminder and location details. 

4. Send email a few days after the event to my contacts who attended. 

PLEASE do this!! I know you already have 1 and 2 (although 2 is not pretty), but even if you just allowed me to segment my lists by the contacts who registered for events I would have 3 out of the 4. 

Thank you!

This functionality would be great, as would the ability to select attendees and add a specific tag for them, so an email to registrants could be narrowed down.

BenH784
Rookie

We really need this feature as we only want post event materials to go to those who showed up.

DeeN48
Rookie

Yes! I agree. I can't believe I can't even tag attendees unless I do it one by one.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

At this time, we do not have plans to include this functionality into our current Event tool. We are working on an updated event experience in a more advanced tool. While we do not have an update or timeline to share or can guarantee any kind of commitment on how we will be handling event emails, we hope this indicates some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration while we are building out this tool.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More