Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Expand Insert Custom Fields List

0 Votes

Hello!

It's possible for users to make an unlimited number of Custom Fields. However, when making an email and clicking Insert Contact Details, the list of possible custom fields is limited to only 40. This makes it very difficult for us as we have many custom fields we use to send unique playtesting codes to our game testers. 

Please expand the list to include all of the custom fields.

Additionally, the list is not in alphabetical order, making it difficult to sort through even if the custom field I wanted was buried in the list.

If possible, please let me know when this is updated, thank you!

11 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @JoscelynW

At this time users have the ability to create up to 100 custom fields. Can you share examples of fields that are not appearing when trying to insert it into your email?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

JoscelynW
Campaign Contributor

Screenshot 2022-03-11 151952.pngScreenshot 2022-03-11 152244.png

Hello Frankie, Thanks for the update, good to know that there is a max. 

As for the example,

As a game company, we use custom fields to send unique download codes to users. We assign a unique code for each game to their account. Let's say I have a game 'Until Then' matched to a custom field called 'Code: Until Then'. When I go into my email creator, click insert, custom field, and click the drop down list, there's a high chance it won't appear on the list. In that same drop down list I have the custom fields for "Code: Soulstice, Code: In Sound Mind, Code: Cris Tales" but not for for ""Code: Until Then". For this case I had to choose a different custom field and rename it to "Code: UT" before I was able to insert it into the email. There are a few other examples of other custom field "Codes" that also don't appear. Sometimes they show up when I create them, sometimes they don't. Ideally, every custom field we create would show up in the list when crafting an email.

I'm including an image that also shows off how the list doesn't seem to be ordered in any way. It would be lovely if it were alphabetical.

I'm also including another image that shows off a few of the custom fields we've made. Around half are available in the dropdown list in the email editor.

Frankie_P

Hi @JoscelynW

Thanks for following up with these details! We were able to replicate your experience and passed on this information to the appropriate teams to track. We apologize, while we may not have a time estimate for when this will be resolved, we will reach out to this thread with any future updates.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

JoscelynW
Campaign Contributor

I appreciate the help @Frankie_P.
We're looking forward to hearing back on this later!

LaurenV98
Rookie

I need to use one of the first custom fields that has been created, but I still need the other 50 on top of it. I cannot delete these fields as they are being used for another campaign. Is there a way around this? I have got to be able to send both campaigns and do not want to send 20 versions of an email when content boxes can be dynamic.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

SIUE
Rookie

HOW HAS THIS NOT BEEN FIXED YET? THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM. VERY DISAPPOINTED IN CONSTANT CONTACT. SEEMS LIKE THIS SHOULD BE A SIMPLE, SIMPLE FIX!

MichelleG049
Rookie
We are allowed to add up to 100 custom fields into our accounts, according to this help article: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/email-digital-marketing/articles/KnowledgeBase/33120-Creat... . However, we can only access up to 50 fields of these custom fields when we go to create an email campaign. It seems random which of the fields are displayed in this 50. Can you please edit this so that when we go to insert > contact details, all of our custom fields are available to choose from? Thank you.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More