Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Extend the Event Start or End Date

I am trying to complete a campaign Custom Registration form and cannot list a date past 12/21/22 on the drop down menu.  I am told we cannot list a date in 2023 until 1/1/23......That is NOT OK.  If you will not allow a 2023 date on the drop down, at least let us delete the field from showing on the Registration Form.

It looks terrible to have a fake and inaccurate 2022 date on the Registration Page.  Please allow us to hide that field from showing!

9 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @MannTravels

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! At this time, event start or end dates cannot be set further than one year out. Having the ability to set the event start or end date as far in the future as needed is a feature request we are currently collecting feedback on. We have also opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

CherylN618
Rookie
It is unreasonable to not be able to register an event more than 6 months in advance. Most large events need at least 1 year to inform guests. I was unaware when I purchased this program and am very disappointed. This should be changed, or at least made clear when signing up! Cheryl Nestico
Frankie_P

Hi @CherylN618

At this time users are allowed to create an event with start or end dates set further no more than one year out. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and have merged your post into the appropriate feature request thread for this idea.

L3951
Rookie
We have been waiting for over a month now with no resolution to not being able to put the end date in for our event. We are unable to take reservations because of this and we need to get this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you
Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Clarifying

Hi @L3951 - What month/year are you trying to set as the end date of your event? Just curious because that date has been adjusted a few times in the recent past. The current max end date is June 2023. Is it safe to assume you're trying to go past that?

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Looks like this request was for July 2023.

Anyone else running into issues being unable to set an end date for an event, please list the desired month/year you are trying to set as the end date.

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Planned

We'll be extending the end date to September 2023. This is planned to be updated next week.

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Events can now be created with an end date as far out as September 2023. FYI - @L3951 I know you were waiting on this update.

The end date is being capped because we have some great enhancements coming to our event campaigns. We've been working on them for awhile, and that work will be continuing through the end of the year. Excited to share when we have more.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More