Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
CarolS79886
Rookie
Please find a way to return to the existing previous page once the new email info has been updated in bouncebacks. Currently, once I've saved the new info and I want to return to the bounceback page that I left off from, it returns me to the starting page 1. What happens when I get to page 11 - I'll have to hit next, next, next, next, etc., until I get to the page I left off of. VERY FRUSTRATING. Please fix it.
Can you put the BACK button back in so I can go to the previous screen? Right now if I select a contact who read an email, when I try and go back to same list of who read the emails, I am unable to do so using my back button on my browser.
MaryK390
Rookie

When correcting contacts that bounced it is necessary to go to email tab, then reports, then bounced list, enter the correction in the contact info window. Hitting the back button will not get me back to the bounce list; the task could be a lot smoother if one could enter the correction and then be returned to the bounced email list to complete the corrections.

It would be very helpful if the list didn't go all the way back to the beginning of the alphabet every time I did an action with the contacts I have selected. It would be even more helpful if the list would keep those I've selected when I go to the next page, if I could go through the entire list before I directed the action I wanted to do with those selected.

LoriH5884
Rookie
The new format is very difficult and time consuming to fix lists with bounced and unsubscribed addresses. Every time I select the address, I get SENT to another window (contact name), then get STUCK there with no resolve to get back to the original bounced/unsubscribed window. How are we supposed to keep our lists updated if the mechanics to do that are now a pain to decipher?
WBBA
Rookie
Going back to page 1 each time to look at opens and where they went (which I don't even see!!!!) to have to start again at page one each time is ridiculous. This is how it was in the older days!!!! Let's get modern and hold the page.
SteveH25
Rookie

Something that was previously mentioned but not yet implemented is having Back options.  

"When I edit someone and want to go back to the page I was on, I can't. Going back takes me to the A's again, it ignores my sorting, and ignores what page I'm on."

It would be more intuitive and time-saving if, after editing a contact, I could return to the previous page that I selected the contact from (which is usually a specifc list). Thanks. 

JamesR506
Rookie
Keeps sending me back to begining after I edit. Would like to see all my contacts at once and be able to scroll the entire list
NeSC
Rookie
When searching to ensure that a contact is in the proper list, there is no way to search the pages except going through all the pages until you come to the "O" page, for example. Also, is there a way to back up a certain listing. I have lost them in the past and a back-up is essential. Don't like the new way of inputting contacts. You can't be sure they are getting in the right lists even with "tags". Not happy.
JudyW943
Rookie
I am attempting to add names to the email list that was imported into my new site with you. I have to go to "email" then "reports" and "opens" and then scroll down to each address that I would like to add the names. I have to do this for each name - if you had a back button I could stay on the list! Also you should have the double forward so I can go to the end of the list. Thank you. Judy Ward
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More