Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
JuanitaA6
Rookie
When a contact is edited it should take you back to that name in the list. I find myself having to constantly scroll down to the place I was and it is very time consuming.
AderoPartners
Rookie
Contact list view needs improvement. There is no way to jump to names using an alpha shortcut or to a specific page #. So each time you update and save a contact record, user goes back to the main Contact Mgmt, then you select your list again and browse page-by-page to where you left off to continue viewing/reviewing.
CindyK74
Rookie
Need a back button
RebeccaB036
Rookie
I am updating my active contacts by changing emails etc. After I double click on a contact to correct it I try to return to the list and am sent to the beginning of the list. I wish I could be sent to the same spot in the list where I left off. Instead I have to go through each page to get to the page I was on. I can't even say "go to page 4"
KarenB003
Rookie
It would save a lot of time to add a 'NEXT' button when editing a contact list.
I always work my opens and use this to segment my contacts. I think this is a great new format to see at a glance the lists and history. What I do not like is having to edit and then use the http back arrow to return to the page with the list I was working on. It takes time to reload the pages and slows down efficiency.
JohnD774
Campaign Contributor
For example, when searching to generate a sub-list (e.g. using a tag, or searching on a name): you then edit one of the contacts in the sub-list. To return to the sub-list, you must go back to your entire contacts list and redo the search. There should be a "back button" functionality to allow you to return to where you were before you edited that contact.
NateG77
Rookie
I am trying to call all of the people that did not open our email to them. I click on their name in the no open list and call them. Problem when I click the back button it takes me all the way to the opened list. Then I have to click on the unopened list to carry on with my calling. You need a button that takes one back to the previous list.
SenexR
Rookie
You need a "back to list" icon for when someone is doing maintenance on a contact list. I'm in an individual contact now, and when I'm done editing it the only way to get back to the list I'm working on is to use the back arrow on my browser. However, when I do that, the list that displays does not show my corrections on it despite the fact that the program shows the little clock as it is "saving" my corrections. I'm going to have to actually go out of the contact list and then back in again, I think, for the corrections to show.
JRaetz1
Rookie
If you discover that the email address is incorrect and you click on the contact to make the change you should be able to hit a "back" button to take you back to the bounce list instead of having to select the CC campaign and then select the bounce list again.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More