When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.
after editing my contact, no way back to previous screen...takes me back to the beginning where I have to go to my list or tag list.
When i search for a contact group and then click into a contact, there is no way to go back to the searched group. When you do go back, it takes you to the default active contacts list.
can you provide a link on each contact to go back to the search?
Trying to edit an imported list (which took forever to import) and after each edit it goes back to the very first page. Then I have to scroll to the bottom of 50 and hit the forward arrow, scroll to the bottom and hit the forward arrow again, just to get to the page I was working on. (and why can't we get 200 per page as before?) This is a complete waste of time. Please put the page number and arrows for forward or back at the top of the page also, and make it so when you hit the browser back arrow, it goes back to where I was, not the beginning of the list. For contacts that moved companies, when I change their company, it also changed everyone else associated with that company. Another headache to have to keep going back to edit more. I prefer it the way it was before this update.
Another thing I haven't figured out is how to have a brand new list from an imported file if it all goes in together into contacts...I can only tag the new import, but haven't been able to mail to this one group without pullling from their other contact information. Some have several email addresses and I want to send to only one of them at a time (which is the new list I imported).
To refer back to my list:
1. In your previous version when it came to importing a list it listed each field had a number next to it. Example: 1. Name 2. Phone 3. Email. Currently the system has no number next to it. Example: Name Phone Email. I know it's a small change, however, when it comes to training new people we have to carefully verify each field to be designated to the correct drop down option. Where in the past I could say Field 1 is for Name, Field 2 is for Phone, Field 3 is for Email. Or a better example being Fields 21-34 mark as Do Not Import.
2. Thanks, it's so annoying!
3. Why would you try and move more toward being a CRM. Everything on your website, and the reason we use CC is because you're an email marketing company. Even your About page says nothing of being a CRM, everything that is talked about on that page is eMarketing focused. Sure don't get me wrong I work toward caring for each individual client, but I'm looking for a system allows me to work with as many people as possible. I believe it's just backwards with having the contact first and the list second. I'm sure this is a much bigger discussion that ya'll are having, but my two cents is to not try and compete as a CRM. But focus back on helping us focus on the groups we engage with. CRM's are for dealing with individual. I am in an individual context 95% when I use salesforce and the other 5% is running reports. When I use CC I'm either creating emails or looking at the reports. 2% of the time I would say is spent looking at a specific individual.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teamsVisit the Blog
See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.Learn More