Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Go back to contact view when editing

When I'm working with contacts, sometimes I need to make changes to several contacts with the same last name. In the old contacts system there was a "back" option that would allow me to return to the previous search results...it would be nice to still be able to do that instead of having to search again once I've looked at a specific contact's screen.

308 Comments
LeonardG5
Constant Contact Partner
When reviewing contacts in this list and making changes, reverting to the prior screen requires me to open the "Did Not Open" list every time. Why can't it stay open?
AlexanderT02
Rookie
Would be so much easier to got through open results if you could click on each entry and go back to where you originally were. Either on the e-mail entry or somewhere else. Just gave verbal feedback on this, hope the engineers and developers can look into this. Much needed, not rocket science. Thanks for your expertise and service.
JamesC4259
Rookie
When I delete a contact it automatically goes back to the beginning of the list; I should be able stay on the page that the contact was deleted from, otherwise, I have to scroll through from the beginning to get back to position of the list I was at; this is most annoying.
RoyZ9
Rookie

When working with Contacts I sometimes want to work on less than the whole list, but on more than just a few on a single display page.  I'd like to have the option to Shift-Click to select a range of contacts on a page (standard windows concept).  I'd also like to control how the "select all" check box works to at least limit its selection to the displayed page instead of every item in the contacts list.

Laguna_Coast_Wilderness_Park
Campaign Contributor
scroll down from the beginning of the page. Very inconvenient. Can't it just return us to the last name we were on?
RitaK79
Rookie

I am reviewing my list of contacts removing duplicates and people who are no longer with us. Whenever I delete someone, the list automatically jumps back to page 1 of the list. It would be incredibly helpful if it would just stay on the page I was working on. Each time I have to scroll back through several pages to get back to where I was and I'm only in the Bs!

BillB7139
Rookie
When tagging a group of contacts, please don't return to the top of the list after the tag is attached
KarenD67818
Marketing Legend
For the love of Pete, please...when I'm editing an email message, and I click Exit, please take me back to the previous screen or list I was working in. I don't want to go waaay back to the front page, where I see random emails (sent/draft) and a recent email report. I want to go back to maybe, the drafts folder where all my other draft emails live. Oy, so many clicks just to get back to where I need to be. Sigh. Please fix this soon.
Educate_CA
Rookie

You're doing a great job, so no disrespect! However, I'm having a difficuclt time with an assignment...

I have over 8,000 contacts. If someone hasn't opened our newsletter in 2 years, I want them gone. Constant Contact does not have a feauture for that. 

I'm currently going through all 8,000 contacts, but to get to the next page, I have to scroll down to the bottom. I need you guys to make it easier to go from page to page. Each page has a minimum of 50 contacts, and scrolling down the page slows down the loading (once I get to the next page). I would try 100 contacts at once, but I feel like that would be chaotic.

It's great that I can select a contact & it stays selected. That makes it easier to delete contacts & stay in order. But once I delete a contact, I get sent back to page 1. So if I delete one contact between 201-250, I automatically go back to 0-50, then I have to wait until I get back to the contacts between 201-250.

Reminder: 8,000 contacts & i have to scroll down to the bottom, before I can go from 0-50 to 51-100.

Please make this more convenient & save us some time. Thank You

SJCOESTEM
Rookie

Every time I use "Back" arrow, it takes me all the way to the front landing page. I wish it would only go back one step. It is frustrating to work on the event and land on "Last Modified" every time I go "Back". I wish I had a choice to lock the front page to Newest to Oldest when I work on events.Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 9.58.00 AM.png

Righ now my workflow has extra steps that could be eliminated: Here is a sample

Events - Start Date Newest - I would choose an event here -  I would go to Dashboard - change attendee's  payment option to PAID - Hit Back button, it would take me to Dashboard/Reporting page - If I hit Back (I want to go back to my EVENTS - Start Date Newest), instead it takes me all the way to my beginning Landing page (Last Modified), so I have to select my criteria all over again, EVERY time I work on Constant Contact.  We have a lot of events, some of them happening on the same day. Please fix it!

Thank you.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More