Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Have Contacts Management Bar Stay Visible on Page

0 Votes

In contacts, we need a floating delete button, so that as I scroll down the page, I don't have to scroll way back up to delete an email address.

7 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @CharlesM89 how would you expect this button to appear? Would you want the Contacts Management Bar to scroll down with you as you scroll? Or would you want the option to appear on the side of your contacts?

CharlesM89
Marketing Legend

Whichever is easier for you to accomplish.

NancyD938
Rookie
It would really be nice if I did not have to scroll back to the top of the page to take ACTION for a contact name on the bottom of the page. And equally it would be nice not to have to scroll to the bottom of the page to advance to the next page.
CACTE
Rookie

Over the last 3 months, I spent innumerable hours  "cleaning up" our contacts list of over 2000, as we were consistently getting 200+ bounces with each send.  I clicked on every single person to see what was happening, which was a "scroll-intensive" activity. 😞  Here are some ideas from this experience to help make managing Contacts easier.

• on actual contact details page, have the option to "delete contact" right there, instead of having to go back to the list to delete
  • have "add contact" and top bar frozen at top, so regardless of whether looking at page of 50 or 500 contacts, those options are readily available without scrolling back up
  • or I've used databases where alphabet links were at both the top and bottom of the page, regardless of page length - that would speed up contact management immensely!
  • in addition to the first page, last page or next page options to jump to, have choice of actual page number to enter - that would also speed things up!  And put it at the top AND the bottom of the page, not just the bottom

Thanks for listening! 🙂

CharlesP27380
Rookie
Hi CC, Could you make the ACTIONS button appear at the bottom of the screen in CONTACTS also? When trying to delete names from a list, I have to check each box and then scroll back to the top to click on ACTIONS and then DELETE. It would be more efficient to be able to have ACTIONS at the bottom, too. Just my $.02.
RobertR94032
Campaign Collaborator

When I use the "Contacts" page to review my subscribers, I tend to increase the number of contacts per page to the max (500).  My Internet connection is fast enough to paint the page quickly so I don't have to page through multiple pages.  Brings to mind some things I would like to see to make managing contacts easier:

• Have the column headers stay fixed so I still can see them as I scroll down.
  • Relocate the "Show" pulldown and the "Page x of y" field to the top so they always are available anywhere in the list.  The priority is the "Page x of y" field since I quite often realize that I need to be in the other list to find the contact I wish to see.

These enhancements would save me time and increase my productivity.  

Thanks in advance!

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

At this time, we do not have plans to include this type of functionality when viewing Contacts. Should we hear of any news in the future, we will update this thread.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More