Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Have current users beta test BEFORE rolling out functionality changes

4 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @MissoulaSBDC what feature changes would you have liked to be beta tested? How would you want any updated or new features to be introduced to user accounts?

MissoulaSBDC
Campaign Collaborator

With the recent upgrades, I lost the ability to copy previous newsletters. This change was not communicated to me beforehand in any way that I remember and the loss of that functionality caused me to lose time troubleshooting the issue: getting an error message, following instructions in the error message that did not resolve the issue, contacting customer service per the error message instructions, and waiting for customer service to create a ticket for my template to be recreated in the new system. I was told it would be 3-4 business days for the recreation to be complete and when I made a stink about it, the request was expedited to 1 business day. Still, the recreation was not exactly as I had it before and I had to make adjustments. It was just a big hassle that I didn't need at a time when SBDCs are trying to get info out rapidly to clients. Maybe new features could be toggled on and off for a bit so that users could test them and provide feedback. I would have liked the new version of the newsletter template to have automatically existed instead of me having to search the FAQ for how to copy a newsletter (the FAQ is wrong now, by the way - the entry I found had instructions that would have worked with the old system but did not apply to the new system for me) and then go through the frustrating process described above.

Frankie_P

Hi @MissoulaSBDC thank you for clarifying this request! This copy feature has been removed from our older and outdated Legacy Newsletter Templates as we move away from these templates to our updated Email Newsletters instead. Users should have been notified by email to the contact address on file for the account. What features in these Legacy Newsletter template have you been using? You mentioned that the recreation was not exact. While there are certain limitations with the redesign as our templates need to be mobile responsive, if you could tell us what needed to be adjusted, we can review and track this feedback. I also would like to clarify these newer templates do offer the ability to be copied.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More