Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Have inserted image in social post navigate to linked content

I miss the old style of Web Extract...The new social posts show a link, but the photo is not linked. I think people will be confused.

9 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @NancySJC thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

DavidM094
Rookie

Here is a picture of four of my newsletters, titled the Monday Mission Moment. As you can see, each one has a different picture, but everyone of the posts appeared on Facebook, after being shared through Constant Contact.  Each week, my newsletter is published with the the top left photo as a banner. in the past, to have some variety, I would add a different image through the Social Sharing process. And when I did that, while the image was different, my posts still maintained the title of my newsletter, the Monday Mission Moment. Branding is important after all.

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 12.31.42 PM.png

Now when I want to have some of that variety, through the new social sharing, I am in a fix. If I choose another image, my brand line, The Monday Mission Moment, disappears and all I get is a link, as shown in the image below.

That's not what we want, not what we had and worse, it seems every week, the system changes. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 12.24.42 PM.png

What are we supposed to do?

Anyone out there who can help? 

KimD32
Rookie
UNACCEPTABLE. To be certain the picture on the newsletter showed prior to posting, I had to add the picture. Then where posted on facebook, if the reader clicks only the link from constant contact, they get the newsletter. BUT IF THE READER CLICKS THE PICTURE, THEN ALL THE PICTURES EVER POSTED ARE ACCESSIBLE VIA ARROWS. This is UNACCEPTABLE for it is confusing to the reader.
SherriC60
Rookie
you reduced the functionality of this and are calling it an upgrade before they at least got to see the thumbnail you reduced it to a link no one will click terrible design and adds about 30 to 40 min of work for me to create collages to post the same info on social media.
MarcC60
Rookie
Posting isn't working as nicely as it used to. If you add a picture, it doesn't link to the post if you click on it. Looks awful
roemerind
Marketing Legend
I wish social share would give us the ability to pick the photo that we want and have it link to the Constant Contact when clicked by a user on the social media post. The image that social share automatically pulls from the Constant Contact is not what I want my users to see, or it's cropped and looks sloppy. I have to manually assign the photo, and then the users aren't being redirected to the Constant Contact unless they click on the link in the post itself.
MarkE826
Rookie
A couple of things I don't particularly like about the SM Interface: 1) Engagements combines "likes" and "click-through" 2) When you replace the image on the linked article, the image doesn't link to the blog article.
WalterZ8
Rookie
The image shows up but it is not linked to anything. It used to be that you press on the post and it takes you to the newsletter. But not anymore. The link to the newsletter is not transferring to any of the 3 social media sites we use - Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Unfortunately I just found this out. After having spent money to boost the Facebook postings, thinking they were going to see the newsletter, I now realize it was a waste of money. The post just shows a picture which we chose but it goes nowhere.
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Indirectly Fixed

An update was made so images included with Social Posts link to the webpage version of newsletters. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More