Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

I want to insert a video or GIF and have it just run in the body of my newsletter.

I used to be able to do this. But now it seems to have to be a YouTube video to click that leads readers to YouTube to watch. That's cumbersome, when all I want to do is insert a quickie video or GIF.  Is this possible?

If you don't mind, here are my other gripes about the "new" newsletter format/tools:

1. I do NOT want to have my newsletter automatically in the mobile format when folks view it on their phones. I want it the way I design it from the get-go and want to have the option to keep it that way for all views. When I do a newsletter now, the mobile version's single column layout is not aesthetically pleasing. 
  2. I don't like how I have to preview it and then also check the mobile version to ensure that my fonts aren't all whacky (different sizes, fonts). They look fine when I create, but I know they're messing up in the other views unless I check and change them.
  3. I wish we could copy any text block and paste it.  Can we? The older version of CC was that way, but I don't see that option easily now.

I hope that you take these comments to heart. I have been a customer of yours for more than 10 years and I am now less confident and more frustrated creating my newsletters.

Thank you,

Lisa Sperling

5 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @SaddleUp

Videos at this time can only be inserted from YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, or through a clickable image link. Being able to upload a video directly into your library and turning off mobile stacking are feature requests we are collecting feedback on through this thread. We recommend sharing your need for this feature directly on those threads. You can however upload GIFs directly into your account. As for your text fonts changing, do you see this happen when copying and pasting text from an outside source or typing directly into your campaign? With that said, how would you expect to copy and paste a text block? Does the current copy block feature help fit your needs?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

SaddleUp
Brand Influencer

Thank you for the tip about being able to use a GIF. That solved one of my issues!

RobertE473
Campaign Expert

I don't know how you want to handle any text block you copy. But within the same email it's no problem. Without clicking on the block just hover over it, click on the star on the right and the copy option shows up.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Because our steps for including Gifs helped solve your issues we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More