Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Images uploaded with meta data for orientation rotate in the library

0 Votes

When I upload a vertical image, the editor automatically flips it to a horizontal image and I have to edit it to flip it upright. This creates two versions of the image in my library. Not only is this a pesky problem--surely the image library should be able to identify vertical images--but it must be a file storage issue too. This is not a new problem--this has been a problem for years--but if you're going to try to upgrade, this should be a fix. 

7 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @Benchmark_school

The good news is the slowness you are seeing with images is an experience we are in the process of tracking. In fact we recommend sharing any feedback you may have on this directly on its feature request thread. As for your images being uploaded in the wrong direction, where are these images originating from? We have seen some cases where images taken with mobile phones do upload at a 90 degree angle. In these cases it can usually be fixed after the image has been uploaded by using the image editor to rotate the image.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

benchmark_school
Campaign Collaborator

Thanks, I'm glad you're tracking the slowness issue. Also, yes, the images I upload are mostly taken with a phone. I know it is fixable in the editor, but given the ubiquity of phone photos, I suggest you look into amending your photo editor to prevent it from making this flip. 

Frankie_P

Hi @Benchmark_school

Thanks for following up with us on this! What type of mobile device are you using iPhone or Android? What model of phone? Where inside of your Constant Contact account are you uploading the image?

benchmark_school
Campaign Collaborator

I use Constant Contact to create newsletters, and I use photos taken by many people with a range of devices--iPhones and Androids of many models. I assume I'm uploading images to the Library when I'm working on a campaign.

Frankie_P

Hi @Benchmark_school

Are you uploading your images in the Library tab of your account or through the image tab of your email campaign?

peggyh693
Rookie

Each time I download pictures from my computer they all turn to the side and I have to edit each one to get it upright. It takes so long to do this task. I love this company and this is the only thing that has been an ongoing issue. I have called about it at least twice and am told they are "Working on it". It has been several years of this and no improvement. Please remedy this issue.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More