Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Importing files larger then 5mb

Please up your maximum file size for attachments (documents & photos). Currently you cannot upload a file larger than 5MB to attach to an email which is extremely inconvenient when you have well-designed trainings with multiple screenshots. Even after compressing my 13 page training it was 5.7MB, still too large. A simple Gmail account allows you to upload attachments that are up to 25MB, so only allowing for 5MB is very low. It's even more frustrating because our company is only using 9% of it's total available space, so there's plenty of room available for a couple larger attachments.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

*Updated July 2023*

We acknowledge that this particular feedback has been requested for quite a while. The current file size requirements can be quite limiting for some. We currently have some tickets open within our product and engineering teams to look at increasing file upload sizes. With further research, in our current state, if there was an allowance for a larger file size for any type of file in the library (documents and images), the images would resize to 1200px width and suppress image quality.

At this time, there are no further updates in terms of expected timelines. We'll keep you posted.

104 Comments
TomM823
Campaign Contributor
I upload our member bulletin each week. Suddenly it will not take files over 5 meg - I tried a 5.3 meg file and it would give a non-discript "try again later" error message when I tried to overwrite the existing file. I tried a direct upload (no replacement) and got a mouse-over error message saying that you can't upload images over 5 meg - its not an image its a pdf. Is it broken or is this something new?
Dush
Rookie
I have uploaded a 8, 9, and 10 MB pdf to CC in the past to send to customers. Now CC is calling my pdf an image and will not allow me to upload it saying it must be no more than 5mb....really? It's only 7 megs and I need to get it out ASAP!!!
Hannah_M

I am sorry to hear this is happening. There is a max file size of 20k lines in your upload currently. Are you importing over 20k lines or could the error be caused by something else?

Marissa_R
Marketing Legend
Status changed to: New
Hello, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Could you please provide me with some more information? Thank you!
OAVT
Rookie
If the storage capacity is large enough to tolerate files exceeding 5M, then why is there a cap?
My contact file is 1.322Mb. So now I have to go in and split the file and upload twice in order to make this work? Back in the early days of ConstantContact this was true too but that problem was overcome a few years ago and I used to be able to upload our entire db all at once. Sad the technology is going backwards. Please fix. Thanks. Darius.
ArtB1
Campaign Expert
as the admin of this account i now have to make 3 spreadsheets to upload my contacts when i only had to make one. take 3 times as long now to upload. ennifer
Katelynn_B
Employee

Thank you for providing your feedback!

What kind of issues are you experiencing?  Did you receive an error message when uploading your contacts?

With the new contact system you can still upload a single spreadsheet of contacts as long as you want them to go in the same list/lists.  Please feel free to reach back out to us and we would be happy to walk you through this process.

Click here to view a video on uploading contacts in to your account.

You can also reach our support team directly at 800-240-2302.

Thank you for being a part of Constant Contact!

Katelynn_B
Employee
Status changed to: New

Mandel1
Rookie
Paring back Excel uploads to 1MB is not an upgrade, Constant Contact. Not impressed.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More