Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Importing phone numbers

0 Votes

Email me the MS Excel template to incorporate in my personal Excel software that will covert my contact's phone number into the way you want it.

It took your support staff over 1 hour of our time to get me phone numbers imported so I could send SMS messages.

After 5 or 6 tries that I did, I called chat and they tried another 5 or 6 tries before they got it done.

While in chat mode I was informed of all the various formats you would accept (NO BEFORE I STARTED CHAT) and there were plenty.  I think my original format fit all your criteria, BUT

Maybe you system won't accept a mix of various formats.

CContact could improve the guidance they offer clients like me and your staff's expertise.

Why not just send me an acceptable Excel template

I almost started rekeying and formating my list with 75 name, but with you country codes and use of (), I wasn't sure tven that would work.

3 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @TomO840

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us. While in this post you mention importing phone numbers, after taking a closer look at your account it appears you spoke with more than one chat agent ultimately looking for assistance with exporting your list of contacts. Is this correct? 

If so, it's important to point out our upper level of support was able to recognize you were having this experience of being unable to export the phone numbers of contacts collected through SMS marketing. We apologize at this time, being able to export a list of contacts with their SMS data included is not an available feature. It is however a feature request we are in the process of collecting feedback on.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More