Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Include the subject line of the email in reporting

The reporting feature is really great and includes a lot of good information about the last 50 campaigns. But we are trying to work on improving our open rate with better subject lines but right now, I have to export the csv file from reporting then manually enter the subject line for each of the campaigns listed. Would be great if that was automatically included. Seems like other people would want it as well, because as we all know a good subject line is key to getting a good open rate. 

Thanks!

30 Comments
Hi - I think it would help to include a column for subject line and even pre-header on the reports - so if an email does particularly well, it's possible to see immediately what subject line was used.
MikeR794
Rookie
Currenlty you do not offer the ability to see open rate by subject line................CRITICAL. Right now I have to name my campaign the subjectline to see and performance metrics.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to keep being the squeaky wheel here. All this business about "create an engaging subject line" and "A/B subject line testing" - and yet the subject line is not available as a download, nor is it displayed on either the campaign summary/home page or the campaign reports page. And it's a real pain to go in and extract the subject line from each of the emails to include in our real metrics. (Would be nice if the date in the downloadable report was formatted in a sortable manner as well. Just sayin'.)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pointing out that we are almost two years from the initial comment here, and this is by far from being the only set of requests for this, and nothing has been done.  CC keeps saying "TRY A/B TESTING!  USE DIFFERENT SUBJECT LINES" but doesn't give the subject line in the download reports. 

To put this into perspective, I have two months' worth of emails to put into a usable report format. For us for this two-month period, that is 69 emails. SIXTY-NINE.
Sixty-nine emails for which I have to click on the email, copy the subject line, and paste it into a report. 

Robly (another email service) has subject lines in its reports.  MailChimp has them. I would assume other services do as well, but I don't have accounts with them.

I ask you, how is a marketing department supposed to make decisions when we can't get all the info on one place?  How am I supposed to brag on CC when it makes us spend this much time on something that ought to be automatically available as part of a report. 
(For the record, this has been a problem for w-a-y longer than two years.) 

JoshuaH925
Rookie

This is still a good idea I haven't looked much at the reporting but I can tell you seeing a subject line instead of the campaign name will tell you so much more. What words were used to grab their attention to get them to open the campaign is so much more useful than some random name you used to keep it straight. The name can stay but the subject would be a huge improvement when analyzing open rates.

JoshuaH925
Rookie
Subject line next to open rate would greatly improve analytics on how to better grab the contacts attention.
KatrinH98
Brand Influencer

Two reporting export improvement suggestions based on what   provides (that's extremely helpful in analyzing data). 1) Add subject line instead of or in addition to the campaign name (which doesn't always get changed). 2) Add day of the week to the time sent or as an additional column Please and thank you!

DJAhearn
Rookie

Wow...I'm amazed this hasn't been addressed

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

Definitely need to see both subject lines and preheaders in reports. It's ridiculous to have to look up an email you filed and THEN view it in your mobile device, to find out what the preheader was. And if only part of it shows you don't even know what you had in full. This doesn't seem like rocket science.

Also would like access to all the history, why cut it off? Sometimes there are good reasons to look at some older mailings' statistics. If you can't offer that, then offer a feature that lets you download the data from groups of reports so you can store them for the time when they disappear.

BethJoZ0
Rookie

Subject Line Report Needed. PLEASE

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More