Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Insert "Add to Calendar" link into email

Two ideas : 1. Allow event announcements to be added to my calendar to be posted on web site. 2. My calendar should help us capture contact info. If someone views my calendar have a pop-up that asks if their information can be added to the contact list. No one wants to go to another form to complete anymore. As you know, sites are using google or facebook log-on button so you do not have to type info. Typing info over and over again is passe

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, we apologize this feature is not yet available!

There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. Though this may be the case, we are continuing to collect feedback and requests on this feature through this thread. The more requests an idea receives the higher a priority it can be given by our Product Team. We will also reach back put to this thread when we have any further updates.

75 Comments
abimckillop
Rookie

Hi there, just curious has anything been done to add this button/ link to calendars on general newsletter emails yet? I see comments here are from YEARS ago, but would still LOVE this as a save the date feature. 

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

This would be huge. I'd like to see this feature added.

ArtsFortWorth
Rookie

We would like to be able to send out newsletters that have direct links for people to add events to their calendars without  having to RSVP. 

JustinP276
Campaign Collaborator

It's 2023 and still no calendar event link. Can a backend dev or engineer explain the challenge to me, please?  

Andy2019
Campaign Expert

This one has dragged on for years now. What's the problem, Constant Contact?

PropertyM7
Rookie

It's not a feature yet, but it would be amazing if we could get a link where recipients could easily add the event from an email campaign to their calendar...without having to RSVP or create an external .ics file and host it online. Come on!

TBProgram
Rookie

Requesting this function to allow recipients to download our own customized .ics file from the email or from a page hosted by constant contact. 

GlobalHKA
Campaign Contributor

Another thing that would be useful! Even just being able to add the .ics files somewhere would be a big help.

LarryG580
Rookie

My list is to an over 55 active community, many whom have memory issues. Being able to add to the calendar immediately from the email would help lessen the issue  of them forgetting about upcoming activities, and would be a great help. Plus, I could send out reminders as to the event coming up. Thank you for your time! 

I am hoping that this feature can be added in the near future so that our members will have easier access to our events and activities. It would also help us promote more engagement among our community,

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More