Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Insert "Add to Calendar" link into email

Two ideas : 1. Allow event announcements to be added to my calendar to be posted on web site. 2. My calendar should help us capture contact info. If someone views my calendar have a pop-up that asks if their information can be added to the contact list. No one wants to go to another form to complete anymore. As you know, sites are using google or facebook log-on button so you do not have to type info. Typing info over and over again is passe

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, we apologize this feature is not yet available!

There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. Though this may be the case, we are continuing to collect feedback and requests on this feature through this thread. The more requests an idea receives the higher a priority it can be given by our Product Team. We will also reach back put to this thread when we have any further updates.

75 Comments
OzarkC
Constant Contact Partner

Any update? This would be amazing. The RSVP box currently available is similar in concept, but it really lacks some features needed like adding to google calendar, the ability to link to a paid ticket, edit text size, etc.  I wonder if this feature could be tweaked to be be more customizable. Thank you! 

VersaFlex
Campaign Contributor

Has any progress been made on this feature? A simple Add to Calendar widget would be so useful and would side-step a lot of the issues that I currently have with utilizing the Events campaigns or the RSVP widget. 

Frankie_P

Hi everyone, we apologize this feature is not yet available!

There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. Though this may be the case, we are continuing to collect feedback and requests on this feature through this thread. The more requests an idea receives the higher a priority it can be given by our Product Team. We will also reach back put to this thread when we have any further updates.

CWTA
Rookie

Getting Constant Contact Up to Speed! Add to Calendar and Thumbnail of Campaigns. There really is NO excuse for an event management system to not have Add to Calendar options that interface with all the major calendar platforms--not just Microsoft Outlook, but certainly Google among others. When are you going to FIX this?? It's in the email campaign interface, it's in the email registration, it's in the email confirmation, it's everywhere and it's maddening. I would think the Add to Calendar option would be an essential part of the service you offer. NO? And, while you're at it, why not create thumbnails for email campaigns (like you do for emails) so there is a visual reference to Something for the user to quickly identify. I really don't think either of these things is a matter of rocket science. Of ALL of the virtual program emails I have registered for over this past year, Constant Contact is the ONLY one with the Add to Calendar still referring to Microsoft Outlook only. Isn't it about time you guys got up to speed???

MalabikaS
Rookie
I would like to offer my clients the ability to click a link to automatically add all the information about my program to their calendar.
ManningKass
Campaign Contributor

There are numerous requests in your support forums asking to include the event module's "add to calendar" link capability to email campaigns. Every one of them includes a response noting:

1. Lots of people have requested this, and
  2. You can add a link to an .ics file manually... IF you have somewhere to host it. 

If lots of people want the feature and you've already got a library where people can host files, why would you NOT allow people to upload those files? It's baffling, yet every time I try to upload an .ics file I get an error telling me files of that type are not allowed.

Yet another useful feature that has but Constant Contact doesn't.

BobM616
Rookie

I'm looking into the "add to calendar" feature, since I want people to get the reminders.

On a computer, when I click add to calendar, it downloads an ics file - which isn't helpful, and would probably confuse most users. You clearly track between mobile and computer - can you add one of the add to calendar integrations that always people to add to google, yahoo, etc? (addtocalendar.com or addevent.com are two I'm aware of).

MeganE968
Rookie

Hi,

I'm just chiming in to also request that Constant Contact integrates an "Add to Calendar" ability to their email marketing. We do not need to track registration, we just want the option for our constituents to add the save/add the event onto their calendar. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

KristinB83
Rookie

I'm also coming here to request that Constant Contact integrate an "add to calendar" feature. And campaign thumbnails would be greatly appreciated as well!!

JohnEvCC
Rookie

Please, please add an Add to Calendar button for emails. This thread started in 2012, so your customers have been asking for nearly a decade.

I created an event and need to send an invitation. I started with the template in the events module, but it is not mobile friendly and looks dated. I have a beautiful invite ready to go in the email module, with a link to the event registration page, but I am not able to add a simple Add to Calendar button so people remember to come to the event. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More