Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Copying and Pasting from Word does not bring over the correct styles

0 Votes

If you would upgrade your system to just cut and paste from your Word doc, or Pages Doc  into Constant Contact E Mail Campaign, instead of re-formatting the entire document word by word, I'm  Not as concerned about the actual font but the margins look terrible unless you manually and laboriously enter in each word and split the screen to get margins look aligned on both sides . This is Very Basic and should not be an issue. I spent a long time with your customer service Rep who advised there was no way to keep the margins by cutting and pasting and that it would all have to be entered manually.   Hard to believe that is still the case in this type of technology.  

Top Answer
Frankie_P

We were asking the additional questions originally because we have a few different requests on certain aspects of pasting, such as keeping tabs and indents or issues with the text formatting. We will open this up to get more information on the type of issues being experienced. For any future people finding this request and wanting to add your voice, please leave a comment that gives information on which formatting is being lost. You can also send an email to communitysupport@constantcontact.com with the Word document you are using so that we can give some additional examples to our product teams.

6 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @SueS631

Just to clarify, are you looking for the option to carry over line spacing when copying and pasting from an outside source? Or do you mean margins as in having your text indented?

Frankie_P

We were asking the additional questions originally because we have a few different requests on certain aspects of pasting, such as keeping tabs and indents or issues with the text formatting. We will open this up to get more information on the type of issues being experienced. For any future people finding this request and wanting to add your voice, please leave a comment that gives information on which formatting is being lost. You can also send an email to communitysupport@constantcontact.com with the Word document you are using so that we can give some additional examples to our product teams.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

kxcicommunity
Campaign Collaborator

Yes, I would like to retain the formatting from my google doc to go into constant contact- Just like if I cut and paste into this comment. This comment will accept pasted formatting, but alas, cc will not- unless I am missing something.

a

Frankie_P

Hi @kxcicommunity

We apologize for any confusion this experience may have caused. As mentioned in our previous update on this thread this is a defect we are in the process of troubleshooting. In order to help get to the bottom of this issue, we ask that you please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post and a copy of the source documents you are copying and pasting from.

Svehla1976
Campaign Contributor
Why haven't they fixed the Cut and Paste problem? I always have to go back out of the document and then back in to cut a URL and paste it to link to a web doc. This is crazy.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More