Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Lists in click segmentation are not alphabetical

I LOVE the new click segmentation feature. It is going to up our marketing game. And all the other new features like A/B testing that Constant Contact has been lacking in for a while. I'm SUPER excited to use all of these - but WHY in the good lord's name is the new click segmentation feature in a completely random order?! We have nearly a hundred lists, and having to dig through this gigantic drop down that is in seemingly no logical order to implement the click segmentation is absolutely bazarre. Please at least alphabetize it!

37 Comments
LCCVB
Rookie

Agree! using this feature takes so much time to find your segment - Please Alpha it! that's how i found this thread because I was looking how to alpha it.  frustrating and time consuming if you have lots of segments.

KelseyS27
Campaign Contributor

Frustrating to see that this has still not been resolved. We have about 100 lists now and when adding Click Segmentation to a Link, it takes 2-3 minutes to find each one of these due to the random presentation of the list. They are NOT sorted alphabetically and they are NOT sorted by date of entry. For clarity, the lists are sorted alphawise when viewed as a contact list but that is not where the problem lies. The random nature of the presentation occurs when linking an image, text or button to a Web URL and Enabling Click Segmentation. At that point the GUI asks the user to "Select a contact list from the dropdown below" when clicking the down arrow, the lists are revealed and a previously created list can be picked using the GUI, IF IF IF you can actually find it given the random presentation of pre-created lists. You can create a new list. The GUI then does a compare with the name the user is trying to apply to the new list and if it is already in the randomly sorted collection of pre-existing lists the user is told that it exists already (red type) but the user cannot say something like "Ok use that". The user either picks another name for the new list or goes on the time consuming "hunt and pick" through the randomly presented list to try to find the previously created list so it can be chosen.  To see that this has been an unresolved issue since 2017 calls into question either the comprehension of the issue or the effort to resolve it. To put this into temporal context, the Willys jeep was designed and demonstrated in about 10 days!  It's time to put this one to bed. Click Segmentation is a great feature which is being undermined and rendered impractical for use in the real world by the lengthy delay in fixing the problem. To add insult to injury, the more the user puts Click Segmentation to work, the worse the problem gets! 

20220406_0807... screen shot below added to illustrate issue. 

ScreenShot_reRandomOrderIssue_2022-04-06_07-51-37.png

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi all. We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. There are no immediate developments happening, but we are continuing to share the feedback. We will mark this as Acknowledged and continue to keep this thread updated with any movement.

DaveR7
Constant Contact Partner

Currently there is no organization for the drop down of lists when enabling list segmentation during insertion of a link in a campaign. For those of us who use list segmentation and have several lists it is difficult and time consuming trying to locate the proper list to select. Please sort the list drop down by alfa so we can quickly find the desired list.

I have been asking for this since list segmentation became available, and while CC reps always act surprised that the drop down is not sorted it still has yet to have any priority.

Holdenarb1931
Rookie

This thread has been open for 7 YEARS! It seems like a very quick fix to change the code from pulling most recent list entered, to showing them alphabetically! This is one of the many reasons we are looking to find a new email provider. No useful updates have been made in a VERY long time. 

MarcusT777
Rookie

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO.

It's been years, Constant Contact... no excuses for this.

And the lists should be underscore_ and number sensitive.  That gives user-flexibility.  We may not want ALPHABETICAL, or want ALPHA by groups.  If you allowed sorts by numerals/underscore, users could classify them.

_100 (This would RISE TO THE TOP  the top due to the underscore, and numbers allow this type of sort in apperance)

_100 VIPs
_102 SPECIAL DIETARY
_103 DEAF CONSIDERATION
_104 BLIND CONSIDERATION
_199 ----------------------------- (this is just used as a cosmetic divider to make locating easier)
_200 REGULAR GUESTS
_202 SPECIAL DIETRY
_203 DEAF CONSIDERATION
_204 BLIND CONSIDERATION
_299 -----------------------------

500 SPECIAL EVENTS
501 ACADEMY AWARDS PARTIES
502 GRAMMY AWARDS PARTIES

503 EMMY AWARDS PARTIES

504 MOVIE PREMIERE PARTIES

505 TONY AWARDS PARTIES

599 ------------------------------

600 SPORTING EVENTS

601 SUPER BOWL PARTIES

602 OLYMPICS (SUMMER)

603 OLYMPICS (WINTER)

604 ESPN AWARDS

605 BASEBALL

606 BASKETBALL

607 HOCKEY

608 HORSE RACING

BeccaE
Rookie

When creating an email and inserting a hyperlink, I'm given the option to check the box and enable click segmentation.

If I choose click segmentation, the dropdown menu shows existing lists in a very random order. For efficiency, the dropdown menu can be in alphabetical order... or a search function can enable users to search the lists by specific words in the list name. Then I'd be able to quickly find the correct list -- and continue to create the email.

Thank you in advance for taking these suggestions into consideration.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More