Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Lists in click segmentation are not alphabetical

I LOVE the new click segmentation feature. It is going to up our marketing game. And all the other new features like A/B testing that Constant Contact has been lacking in for a while. I'm SUPER excited to use all of these - but WHY in the good lord's name is the new click segmentation feature in a completely random order?! We have nearly a hundred lists, and having to dig through this gigantic drop down that is in seemingly no logical order to implement the click segmentation is absolutely bazarre. Please at least alphabetize it!

37 Comments
OACP
Marketing Legend

Could the list of items that pop up above the Click Segmentation option be ordered alphabetically?

At the moment it is a completely random order of lists which makes no sense and takes ages to look through to find the right list to attach to.

OACP
Marketing Legend

Is there a reason why the lists appear in random order in the drop-down menu when you want to segment a link? 

I'm creating a link > I want to add a list for people to be added to when they click on the link.

Instead of an alphabetical list or a list of lists in date order, I get a random jumble of contact lists which I have to search through to find the correct list to link to.

Frankie_P

Hi @OACP these lists are displayed in order of the date they were created. Having these lists appear in alphabetical order instead is actually a feature request we are actively collecting feedback on. In fact we have merged your post into this larger thread so your request can be submitted to the appropriate teams.

OACP
Marketing Legend

Thank you. I note that the original request goes back to 2017. How long does it take to implement a change? An alphabetical listing is fairly basic I would have thought. And somewhere else on this topic, a CC moderator response was that the list appears in date-created order. No, it doesn't. It's completely random and really needs fixing.

Thanks.

ModernShoe
Marketing Legend

Yes please fix this feature to sort alphabetically. I know this request has been made multiple times. I have also commented on it in the past. OACP is correct, it does not display in order of creation. It is completely random. Please fix this.

SAHMA
Brand Visionary

Just piping in to confirm that OACP and ModernShoe are correct, the Click Segmentation Lists are in a completely random order that has nothing to do with date created.

OACP
Marketing Legend

@Frankie_P, what's the timescale for this response, please?

And could you provide some evidence that the click segmentation lists appear in the date order they were created, or signpost to where the switch is to turn this on?

Thank you.

EricS664
Rookie

Are there plans to add this search feature in the future? I agree with what @DarciAyur wrote, this would make things much easier and save me a lot of time.

RobW9
Rookie

I was a software engineer at Boeing, this is a trivial fix. Why in the wild wild world of sports has this not been fixed. I bet Mailchimp has this feature. Do you want us to leave?

RosesYMCA
Rookie

Yes. Let's do this please. Having the lists be in alphabetical order for click segmentation dropdown menu would be amazing. I think we're at almost 5 years now! 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More