Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Mobile Click To Call

With this day and age, I would think that most people check their emails from their mobile phone. Your system does not allow to add a href for a phone number example: (333) 444-5555 I get an invalid url error and it will not let me save my changes. Please let me know if you update your system in the future. Thank you!

60 Comments
DebraI3
Rookie

I up-vote this as a requested feature - add another option in the GUI editor for phone number with 

<a href="tel:5555555555">Book Now!</a>

ConstantContact-Tap-to-Click-idea.jpg

ChristianB76
Rookie

Alright - enough is enough. Can this feature please be added ASAP.

This thread is over 2 years old now.

ApolloRetail
Rookie

seriously. this is crucial. people need to engage ASAP when they look at their emails. we're losing out here. add the button!

Pitt-Race2014
Rookie

Years later and still no answer for this? 

WinstonK
Rookie

ConstantContact = Constant Disappointments? LISTEN to your customers, please! And don't remove needed features when you 'upgrade'.

KarenP82883
Campaign Collaborator

I found a Temporary work around for this.
You can do a redirect to the phone code if you link to your website's redirection.

If you send to https://yourdomain.com/call-us/

Then have the /call-us/ redirect to "tel:5555555555" (your number) it will then dial on mobile and if on desktop you'll get an option to use Skype if installed or any alternative desktop based phone options.

Temporary work around though of course would prefer if this feature was brought back.

CynthiaZ3
Rookie

I vote for the phone button, and elimination of the tendency - particularly on iOS and Gmail platforms, for the phone number to turn blue AND unreadable.  Spoils a nicely formatted publication.

RickR448
Campaign Collaborator

How is this not a thing in the age of mobile devices? Links already support http: https: and mailto:, adding tel: shouldn't be that hard. Sure many devices recognize phone numbers but not always, and sometimes they change the font color making them difficult to read against your email's background. They should all be trackable too since they're all clicks.

LindseyP26
Rookie

This is so needed. I can't see that the feature has been added yet. 

JayG381
Rookie

A successful email campaign is measured by the number of people that acted on it. By making it hard for a mobile user to act on the email, by NOT having the ability to tap and dial, reduces the response rate. Our company is about 50% mobile email opens, and I know of others that are much higher.

Today's mobile users are conditioned to tap the phone number to place a call, it is unrealistic to expect them to write the number down, close the email app, open the phone app, then manually dial the number.

I don't understand why this function is missing from the Constant Contact editor. There is not that much code involved, even accounting for the various mobile operating systems.

Lets put the "contact" back in Constant Contact!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More