Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More Options To Modify Viewable Columns

Here are some problems with your new design you need to fix:

1. On the Contacts page, I can't add a List column when I open Modify Columns. When I select List, nothing appears. Also the word "list" is not capitalized. And why is it near the bottom. Isn't it a required field?

2. On the Add Multiple Contacts page, the email field does not allow me to see the whole email address I type in. I can only see 20 characters. 60% of my email addresses, out of 7500, are more than 20 characters. In order to scan what I have typed, to make sure it is correct, I have to use arrow keys to move back and forth to see the whole address. This is a major problem.

3. On the Add Multiple Contacts page, the List field does not auto-complete. I have to type the whole name and spell it correctly each time. A major problem.

4. Also on the Add Multiple Contacts page why can't I rearrange the first three columns. I always put in first name, last name, email address.

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

For transparency, we currently do not have plans to make changes to the Add Multiple Contacts page.

This idea will now be solely focused on the request to have more options to choose from when modifying columns.

At this time, the following fields can be selected under Modify Columns:

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Job Title
  • Company Name
  • Address Line 1
  • City

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

20 Comments
BillB7139
Rookie
Please add column showing tags on contact list
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

At this time, the following fields can be selected under Modify Columns:

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Job Title
  • Company Name
  • Address Line 1
  • City
  • State
  • Zip/Postal Code
  • Country
  • Status
  • Source
  • Date Added
  • Any custom fields you have created

If you wish to have an additional field available to select please comment them below

Mad.Mat.Yoga
Rookie

I would like to be able to look at one of my Lists and see which TAGS people are assigned.

If I could organize my columns to include Tags as one column when looking at the contacts in a list, this would be very helpful.

NPNA
Campaign Contributor

I really need to be able to search by a physical address. This is something I could do before in the Advanced Search. Searching by City, State, or Zip is not helpful at all. I need the street address, because our emails are only for residents living in our neighborhood, so I need to be able to delete profiles when someone moves away. I see an alternative would be to add an Address Line 1 column on the Contacts list, but I cannot even sort by that column, so that's for really useful. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @NPNA thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We have moved your comment into a thread of its own so it may be properly tracked with our Product Team. We have also opened up your feature request so other users can weigh in as well.

DennisO520
Rookie
It would be very helpful to have a new contacts filter in ever list or to be able to create a date that they are available. New to List not New to account.
JaneH139
Campaign Collaborator
Add column for engagement activity rather than manually clicking on each contact to see.
JaneH139
Campaign Collaborator
Just noticed this option! But how do we see which lists they're on?
ShareefJ
Rookie
Hello! I was just in the webinar with Constant Contact and I was wondering why I can modify columns to showcase the contacts listed, but it does not allow the Birthday column to be seen? Is there any possibility to have that added? I do not want to have to use a custom field, because in the basic details 'Birthday' is shown and we have filled out our lists utilizing that
JimmyB679
Rookie

It would be great to be able to sort or filter by different columns, other than just last name.  Also, I would love to be able to have a column for a date and to sort according to that date.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More