Community Coach Insights: Using Video in Marketing Emails

More Options To Modify Viewable Columns

Here are some problems with your new design you need to fix:

1. On the Contacts page, I can't add a List column when I open Modify Columns. When I select List, nothing appears. Also the word "list" is not capitalized. And why is it near the bottom. Isn't it a required field?

2. On the Add Multiple Contacts page, the email field does not allow me to see the whole email address I type in. I can only see 20 characters. 60% of my email addresses, out of 7500, are more than 20 characters. In order to scan what I have typed, to make sure it is correct, I have to use arrow keys to move back and forth to see the whole address. This is a major problem.

3. On the Add Multiple Contacts page, the List field does not auto-complete. I have to type the whole name and spell it correctly each time. A major problem.

4. Also on the Add Multiple Contacts page why can't I rearrange the first three columns. I always put in first name, last name, email address.

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

For transparency, we currently do not have plans to make changes to the Add Multiple Contacts page.

This idea will now be solely focused on the request to have more options to choose from when modifying columns.

At this time, the following fields can be selected under Modify Columns:

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Job Title
  • Company Name
  • Address Line 1
  • City

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

20 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

For transparency, we currently do not have plans to make changes to the Add Multiple Contacts page.

This idea will now be solely focused on the request to have more options to choose from when modifying columns.

At this time, the following fields can be selected under Modify Columns:

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Job Title
  • Company Name
  • Address Line 1
  • City

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

MaryM8139
Rookie
Would be nice to be able to sort contacts by country. We are an international non-profit and sometimes need to send emails to specific countries.
MamtaS
Rookie
NicoleL544
Rookie
I would like to be able to see Tags in my All Contacts list, but when I Modify Columns, the Tags column is not available. I would like to be able to see this to ensure that I have used all relevant tags for each contact. From what I can tell, my best option is to re-upload my contacts spreadsheets with tags. Is this accurate?
KevinL2573
Rookie

I would like the list of contacts to include the most recent date an email to that contact was opened.  This will help me track down why my emails are not being opened (such as spam/junk filtering).

Best regards,

Kevin

In addition to the created date for lists, also include the date when it was last modified or added to.

JenniferG765
Rookie

Please add the ability to sort by custom columns, like dates.

It would be nice to be able to set a column on the contact page that shows the list(s) the contact is on.  Also to be able to select a list to see only the contacts that are on that list.  I am having to click into each individual contact to verify what list or lists they are assigned.  If there is a way to do this that I haven't found please let me know.  Thank you.

VictorV348
Rookie

Background: 

We have created several signup forms for the courses that we are marketing. We have created a custom field per course for the case when the same contact uses several signup forms. The follow up is difficult because now several contacts have more custom fields but we can not identify easily which one is the latest one. 

If we could have a button to add a time/ Date stamp to a custom field  and display it in the contact details that will really help us when a customer uses more than one custom field or updates the information. Also if the order to list custom fields in contact details could be arranged by the last field updated. 

I hope is clear enough, if you need clarification feel free to contact me at victor.vazquez@consultorescpm.com.mx

BradleyS0
Rookie

I wish I could sort contacts based on who has a mobile device phone number entered (or not).

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More