Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More clarity between "Delete List" and "Delete List And Contacts" options

0 Votes

I deleted multiple lists and selected "Delete the lists and contacts" but the contacts were not deleted from my account. They remained listed under "Active" contacts. Joslin helped me find another way to delete them, but it was unnerving to do it that way because I didn't want to inadvertently delete more contacts than the ones that were on the deleted lists. Does that make sense? This option needs to work or customers could incur additional billing charges. Thanks.

2 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @MichelleJ509. I hope I can provide some clarification here. The prompt of "Delete the list and contacts" will remove contacts who only belonged to that selected list. If a contact on that list also belonged to a different list, they would not be deleted from your account. If you wanted to remove all contacts on a list, no matter if they belonged to a different list, you would follow these steps.

I completely understand how this prompt could be misunderstood and I appreciate you letting us know. I'll send your feedback over to our teams.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect the status of the idea with our engineering team. Because this is not an experience that all users are having it does have to be troubleshooted on a case by case basis. This can cause us to not be able to guarantee a commitment to deliver on the idea. But we do want to indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect troubleshooting details.

In fact helpful details for us to collect are: what lists were deleted? Were the contacts deleted from all lists? What the user was intending to do when the contacts were deleted? What about this process may be confusing?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More