Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More control over background image

The background pattern automatically tiling, and not providing an option to use an image of your choice to span the width of the email/newsletter is frustrating. A tiled photo in a newsletter that you want to look professional is unattractive and looks outdated. A solution to this would be helpful.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, the good news is in our updated editor does allow users to have control over the tiling of their background image. If any users are now experiencing the images appearing incorrectly please share with us  the image URL from your library, a screenshot of what you are seeing, and the email client being used so we may troubleshoot further.

33 Comments
CharlotteS
Rookie

Would LOVE to be able to remove the tiling. Its such pain!

JoshuaF28
Campaign Contributor

Hey Y'all, it appears CC finally got this fixed, in the design tab when creating an email campaign you can now select one of three options underneath your photo, tiling, standard size, or stretch to fit the whole screen. The stretch feature pixelized the photo pretty bad but its a start!

Frankie_P

Hi @JoshuaF28

You are correct were are currently testing the feature in our cross editor email templates. In the meantime we ask that user who are experiencing the background images appearing incorrectly, or too pixelized, to share the image URL from their library. Once we get specific examples we would be happy to troubleshoot further.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

JoshuaF28
Campaign Contributor

Looks like I spoke to soon folks, i had been creating an email campaign for the last week now, I had the background image that I purchased for $8 from CC library stretched to fit the entire background as they allow you to do when building it now... the image was pixelated but still looked so much better than tiling.  Well when I actually sent the campaign out it reverted right back to tiling and sent it out as such. Very frustrating!!!

Frankie_P

Hi @JoshuaF28

What email client did you view your email in? We have tested your campaign in our own email client and was not able to replicate this same experience.

JoshuaF28
Campaign Contributor

the background image is showing up as tiled on outlook, seems like other email platforms are showing up correctly. 

Frankie_P

Hi @JoshuaF28

Thanks for following up with us on this! It does appear when viewed in an email client that does not support this full background image setting it will tile instead.

BrianS2488
Rookie

Yes PLEASE, the tiling is an annoying issue! Please create an alternative solution.

CNCDA
Rookie

This is definitely needed. The tiling is unpolished.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More