Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More customization on Buttons

The functionality of the CTA buttons seems to be pretty limited. You cannot overlay an image on to the button, such as an arrow, and you cannot increase the size of the button without adding more text. In my opinion the CTA buttons should have the same functionality as the 'Divider'. It would be great to have that kind of control of the height and width of the button.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone,

Because the main focus of this idea appears to be users wanting rounded edges we are going to close this idea as implemented. Our cross device templates do allow buttons with rounded edges through the button radius option in our editor toolbar.

2022-11-22_12-43-00.png

In the meantime, please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

34 Comments
ScottL882
Rookie

Stunning that a communication platform like CC can't provide the simple ability to polish our product to the highest degree.  Doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to add some character to the design elements.  These text boxes that serve as our "buttons" are harsh and could be so much more appealing and inviting.  The fact that we've only received the obligatory acknowledgement from CC on this thread is a bit concerning.

I know it seems silly, this rounded button issue, but It should matter more to CC.  Simply put, my competitors have better more professional looking communications and after researching this topic and seeing the lack of concern by CC, perhaps I should spend my time researching what platform/tools they are using.  

ECCTmedia
Rookie

Update the button shape please!! It's dated. We need more options on button shapes.

JosephF8616
Rookie

The Button is really unattractive.  It would be great to have a selection of buttons to choose from.  Larger, rounded, round, etc.  

MarcusP
Rookie

It is pretty silly that the icon for the button component has a border around the button yet I can't add a border to the ones that I create

SSMYER2121
Rookie

New to CC.  Was a little confused on the button issue as well.  Please add more button customization in the editor itself.  I'd hate to swap templates mid-way through.
I was already pretty deep into replicating a template from another platform.  (seems I can't edit any made by an HTML import)

Thanks!

CameronL
Campaign Collaborator

Looks like folks have been asking  for this for 6 years, so I don't see it happening any time soon, but I'll add my voice to the chorus. Square corner buttons look amateurish. I see rounded corners in templates, but no way for me to add one to an existing email I've built.

snocogop
Rookie

It would make our emails look so much better if our CTA Buttons had options for a rounded corner, different sizes, different shapes. I hope the design team will take this into consideration with their next update to the program.

FirstBaptist_Rochester
Brand Visionary

Agreed.  I moved to CC a few years ago, before they went to the streamlined methods and at first loved it.  As soon as we made the decision to pay for this service, feeling it was worth it, things changed.  Less user design abilities seemed to be their mode of operation.  Did they lose their best coders?  So I have a little time before my current membership is up but I am very seriously going to look at my old service and see if they still offer the same (or better) design abilities that they did when I left...  So CC you have 2022 to bring some level of user design abilities back. 

Things I am looking for:  greater button control, more color control of blocks not full page widths, more side to side design potential, and much more that I don't have time to list right now!

Frankie_P

Hi @FirstBaptist_Rochester

Where are you seeing blocks display full width that you would like to control better? As for side by side design, does our column blocks help fit your needs?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi everyone,

We wanted to follow-up on this thread to share the good news that our cross device templates do allow buttons with rounded edges! In the meantime, please feel free to continue commenting with further examples of customizations. Or even vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More