Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More editing options for sign up forms

This form is not allowing us to customize the fields according to our needs. We want to add a field for people under certain age, a simple check box that's linked to one of our mailing lists, and we don't have that option right now.

85 Comments
DonaldV3
Rookie
I don't like the text "Email Lists" on my signup form and wish I could change it. The purpose of this form is to sign up for seminars. Yes, I will email the attendee, but the text on the signup form is misleading for the purpose of the form I'm using it for.
LaurieK0
Constant Contact Partner

A coaching client of mine confided in me today, saying she feels she has resorted to using Leadpages ($400 per year) for her signup forms because CC's are so limiting in terms of customization. This was brought up as a pain point two years ago at ONECON. Is there a timeline in place for updating the signup forms so they are more customizable?

AmberW137
Rookie
I'm not happy that I can't move the "Name" field on top of the email. It looks wonky. Is there any work around that?
DavidB82768
Rookie
I wish there was a way to ADD A TEXT BOX to this. As an example, I'm asking clients to sign up for a free voicemail message and I need them to send me the copy for their script. There is no way to use the "send it form" for how I need it, so I'm forced to use the "contact me" page from my website. Bummer...I hope this idea helps other clients of yours in the future.
Patrick_W
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thank you for the feedback @DavidB82768!

BenHansel
Rookie
Please make a scrolling signup bar, than goes across the site and is sticky.
AngelaG961
Rookie

I've also signed up for Leadpages because of CC's signup forms are limiting. I also notice there is an independant company who provide easier to use plugins just for CC but you have to pay for it.

RickM922
Constant Contact Partner

I really miss the ability to download embedded code after creating a sign-up form. I was able to change the labels for the email lists because I have to label them in the system different from how I want them to be presented to the public. Please give us back the ability to edit the labels plus it would be nice to be able to add custom CSS. I am currently using your In-line forms since the change-over.

LaryssaF2
Rookie

I just commented the same thing. Please hear us. This is a massive step back for you as a company.

This stops designers being able to design freely and developers building it.

Please revert

Dave_Trottier
Rookie

I refer to sign-up forms; I think you call them inline forms that I can add to my website to get people to join my email list.  

1. When you no longer support a form, tell your clients.  I had to learn the hard way that you no longer support the form I was using.  My big promotion to get people to sign-up was a bust.

2. Make your new sign-up forms adjustable in size so that your clients don't have to completely re-design their website to accommodate your new form.  

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More