Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

New interface has basically broken many of the features that made this easy to use

0 Votes

Hi -- Lots of problems with the updated interface. Would love to be able to go back to the old interface. 

Since the update I can no longer drag and drop images from my desktop into my emails I am creating. So now I have to go through a mutli step process when before it was a single step. What I do is image heavy so this is a big deal regarding the speed at which I can get this done. Can you bring this back? 

When I move something it no longer is an independent image -- it is joined with whatever is below it and adopts the same colors etc and cannot be altered without simply creating it from scratch and deleting the existing item I just wanted to move. Again a multi step process that was once a single step. Could you simply add an up or down arrow that can move things up and down the email? 

Really if I could go back to the old interface I would. It was superior to what is there now. 

12 Comments
ScottW449
Campaign Contributor

Yes the new platform is absolute garbage. I am here hoping to find some help. 

Frankie_P

Hi @ScottW449

What exactly is happening when you try dragging and dropping your images? What are the steps you're taking to add these images? As for your blocks connecting, how is the pink line appearing for you when you add your image? If the line is the size of the template you are joining blocks together, but if the pink line extends past the template it will go above/below the block.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

ScottW449
Campaign Contributor

When I go to drop an image into my email like I used to before the update it creates a new webpage that shows the image.

Also when I paste text into the field it pastes it in different formats. Half of it will be bold and half will be in grey. This used to paste things correctly before the update using [control option shift V]

Re the pink line it is behaving as it should but it is still attaching it to the other content. 

It is wild how many things that used to take one step now take multiple steps. It is as if this was never tested in a real-world setting. These are just the issues that come right to mind -- but it is basically non-stop bugs when I am using it now. We pay you so I don't expect to have to tell you about this stuff. This should have been taken care of before it went live. Please appreciate your customers time when you start asking these questions -- what we all would like is for this to be returned to the previous version while YOU beta test it in house. And then roll it back out when it has the same functionality as the last version-- right now this is a big step backwards. 

Frankie_P

Hi @ScottW449

Thanks for following up with these details. What is the name of a campaign you are seeing this happen with? For your text formatting, where are you copying and pasting from? If the font its being changed to the default style of your campaign? We have received reports of some users seeing text losing formatting and reverting to the default styles after previous text has been deleted and replaced. Your drag and drop sensitivity, how are you adding block in? For instance with a mouse a trackpad, a touchscreen? We have added a new "Tap and Tap" feature in our cross platform editor which helps significantly for users with trackpads or touch screens. Does this feature help?

ScottW449
Campaign Contributor

Hi Frankie -- 

What is the name of a campaign you are seeing this happen with? - All of them 

For your text formatting, where are you copying and pasting from? -- Other sources from the web. The same way I had been doing for years when I do this. Never had a problem before this update. 

Is the font is being changed to the default style of your campaign? We have received reports of some users seeing text losing formatting and reverting to the default styles after previous text has been deleted and replaced.  -- What appears when I paste text is one line in the default style and one line or more in a different font, size and color below it. This used to simply paste what I wanted to use with no formatting issues. 

Your drag and drop sensitivity, how are you adding block in? For instance with a mouse a trackpad, a touchscreen? ---  I use a trackpad on my  iMac. The same way I have been doing this for years but now it no longer works. I also can no longer simply drag and drop a photo from my desktop into my email I am creating. This is the number one thing that has added time to creating emails. What once was a one step process has become 5 slow steps. This is especially wild to me that this made it out of beta. 

We have added a new "Tap and Tap" feature in our cross platform editor which helps significantly for users with trackpads or touch screens. Does this feature help? -- I have no idea what that is so I can't answer that. 

Also you can no longer do a full frame image without tapping two different buttons to allow for it. Why is this needed? yet another thing that is now more convoluted to do. 

I appreciate your help. I think at this point I have to ask what was the point of this new version if it was not to make it easier and faster to use? Why were all of these things changed to make the process more difficult? I have to assume you guys spent time and resources on this -- what was the stated mission when you started this? Because it is not faster or easier to use. And basic features don't even work. 

Frankie_P

Hi @ScottW449

We apologize for the delay in our response. Are you still having these experiences with your email campaigns? We would be happy to troubleshoot further for you. We ask that you please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, the URL you are copying text from, and the name of a campaign you are seeing the font change through. As for your dragging and dropping, the updated tool is actually named "Click-and-stick," does this article on how to add an arrange blocks easier help?

ScottW449
Campaign Contributor

Yes, I am still having all of the problems I have described above. 

I have used this service for over 6 years so this beginner level video was of no use to me. 

I am confounded that you need to reach out to me to know this is a less functional interface. This is not about trouble shooting -- this is about features that made creating a campaign easier that you guys removed and replaced with clunky interfaces that require more steps to do what was once a quick task. Are you saying that if I knew what to do I could reset it back to what it was -- what would I be trouble shooting? 

Is there a way I can go back to the previous interface that was more efficient? The fact that I have to do 5 more steps to add an image is wild to me. There is no way this was tested by people who actually use the product. 

Frankie_P

Hi @ScottW449

We apologize users do not have the ability to go back to the previous interface. We are however always open to ways we can better our user's experience and actively tracking feature requests of things users would like to see in this updated cross platform editor instead. Because of this, along with not all users are having the same experience you are describing, we would like to troubleshoot further with the details requested in my previous response. As for adding images into your email campaign, does the click-and-stick method help? We also would recommend calling into our support at these hours and numbers as one of these agents can help troubleshoot your experience live on the phone with you.

ScottW449
Campaign Contributor

Thank you for your help so far and for your advice -- this is the thing that slows down creating emails the most -- no longer being able to drag and drop images from my desktop directly into the email. Our emails are image-heavy so this change has really slowed down my progress.

Are there people out there who are still able to drag and drop images? If so I would want to know what they are doing to make it work. The click-and-stick method is 5 steps as opposed to one step and it does not really address my issue directly -- which is wanting to still be able to drag and drop images from my desktop to the email I am creating in CC. My observation is that you guys appeared to have made a mobile interface and now are trying to make users who use desktop computers to use it to even tho it is not designed to work with a desktop computer. 

We have gone back and forth multiple times in this thread but so far it is safe to say zero progress has been made and this is the second time this advice was given to me in this thread re click and stick. Will you do me a favor and address my specific issues and just let me know if this is something that is gone forever? No need to keep doing this if those features are simply gone and not coming back. That is what I need to know. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More